This is the installation guide for Mansystems APM 2.
Note the following:
- Before using APM 2, create a database backup and have a backup deployment ready
- APM 1 and 2 can be installed side-by-side (to uninstall the APM 1 module, see the APM 1 documentation.
To install APM 2, follow these steps:
- Arrange a license for the app to use APM.
- Log in to the APM Manager at https://apmmanager100.mendixcloud.com using your Mendix account.
- Select your app in the dashboard.
- In the environments dashboard, select the New Environment tile. If you are a SCRUM Master of the Mendix app project, you can add test, acceptance, and production environments. If you are not an admin, you can only add Modeler environments.
- Choose an environment name.
- Click Generate API key and use this key as the value for the APMAgent.APMAPIKey constant.
- Import the Mendix Application Performance Monitor module from the Mendix App Store.
- Add the USE_ME/AfterStartup microflow to your app’s After startup microflow.
- Copy the widget from CopyPasteAPMBrowserWidget to the layout(s) of your app. Please note that it will only be loaded once, regardless of how many times the user opens a page containing the widget.
- Verify that the
APMAgent.APMManagerURLconstant is set to
https://apmmanager100.mendixcloud.com. Please note that after the beta release this constant will get a default value.
- Before testing in the Mendix Modeler, use the Clean deployment directory option.
- In Cloud v3, allow the request handler