The settings displayed in this screenshot are available for an environment:
By default, the best options are already selected for the most common situations. The following settings can be changed:
- Environment Type – Modeler, test, acceptance, and production environments are available. Modelers are private to the creator of the environment. To use test, acceptance, or production, you need to be a cloud operator in Mendix.
- Runtime agent memory usage – This determines several technical settings, such as maximum trap duration, maximum number of trap records, maximum number of messages or performance nodes recorded in the agent that still need to be sent to the manager. This setting is a protection against too much memory use. In the Modeler, you can safely set this to Large to record/trap more. Setting this to me Medium is advised.
- Browser record page changes – Setting this to No is advised. If enabled, the browser agent will record all the mutations to the HTML DOM.
- Enabled – You can configure if browser agent guest users, browser agents, or runtimes are allowed to connect to this environment. This is a security setting.
- Generate API key
- Delete this environment – Clicking this button will delete the environment from the APM manager.
When you generate an API key for a runtime/Modeler environment, you see this key only once, so copy-paste and use it immediately. For more information about the installation, see the APM 2 Installation Manual.
Click Copy to copy the API key to the clipboard.