The Google Maps module lets you work on latitude/longitude, among other features. The module contains a Java action that geocodes addressess with the Google geocoding service. All you need to do is connect the module to your user information entity with a reference.
Disclaimer: Before using this module, be sure to read the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service, which states that the latitude/longitude coordinates retrieved with their service can only be used in combination with Google Maps, as well as the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service.
- No geo-coordinate calculations needed in the client
- Not constrained by an hourly limit
To configure this module, follow these steps:
- Load the module into your app.
- Connect the Location entity to the entity that needs to be displayed on a Google Map:
- Option 1: Use a reference and have the widget load the attributes over it
- Option 2: Inherit/generalize from Location (for more information, see Generalization vs One-to-One Associations)
- Set the Google Maps widget to show your objects as needed.