We know that the impact of the Mendix Community is huge and that it is a vibrant and crucial part of the success of Mendix. With the Most Valuable Professional (MVP) program, we want to recognize a loyal group of developers in the Mendix Community for their ongoing contributions to the Mendix Forum, App Store, blog sites, and other locations.
With the MVP program, we want to empower all of our developers by retaining our top contributors’ high level of knowledge, giving them a closer view of the Mendix roadmap, and making them even more important and visible in the Mendix Community.
2 Selecting MVPs
Mendix selects a limited number of developers who receive the year-long MVP status. This is awarded after a thorough review of their online and offline contributions to the Mendix Community in the past year.
There are a few simple guidelines in the selection process:
- MVPs may be selected based on a nomination that includes a statement of motivations
- You can nominate yourself or someone else
- Mendix selects MVPs twice a year (in January and July)
- The title of MVP is valid for 1 year, until the new MVPs are selected
- You can be re-elected in subsequent years, depending on your contributions
The Mendix MVPs represent the spirit of the Mendix Community. They are highly engaged (they basically can’t stay away from the Mendix Forum, App Store, Meetups, etc.), are interested in helping other developers, and actively share their results.
There are four basic labels we use to describe our MVP recognition requirements:
- Active – this developer is highly active, accessible, and well-known in the Community
- The developer also contributes to the forum every week (if not every day), frequently adds new App Store content, organizes Meetups, and/or writes blogs on Mendix topics
- Expert – this developer knows a lot about the Mendix Platform itself and is a real Expert Developer
- The developer answers more question then they ask and has proven expertise as well as successful complex implementations
- Evangelist – this developer is a Mendix advocate, shows a passion for developing Mendix solutions, and is able to think at an abstract level about developments within the software industry
- Leader – this developer really represents the spirit of the Community and can be an extra bridge between Mendix and the Community developers
- The developer is a creditable and independent thinker, not only in regards to the Mendix Platform
- The developer shares their exceptional passion, real-world knowledge, and technical expertise with the Community as well as with Mendix itself
There are several things we look for when selecting the MVPs. To be nominated, the developer should do the following:
- Contribute consistently to the Mendix Forum and demonstrate a will to help the Community by providing forum answers on a daily basis
- Stay active on the Mendix Idea Forum by submitting new ideas for the Mendix product roadmap
- Upload several App Store items a year
- Remain active on GitHub by helping the Community solve issues regarding App Store content repositories
- Attend and/or organize Meetups
- Run a self-maintained blog and publications site and be an active social media contributor about Mendix discussions
- Evangelize about Mendix and related technologies
- Be named as a good source by the developer Community
- Be clearly recognized as a valued member by other members of the Community
4 Benefits of Being an MVP
We want to reward our members and learn from their experiences and insights. As an MVP, you get special access to Mendix Product Managers and executives for special briefings during your year-long term. We want to know what you think and how we can enhance our product to better meet your goals. You act as an ambassador in order to connect Mendix with the greater Community.
The benefits of being an MVP include the following:
- Advanced insight into the Mendix product roadmap and strategy
- Moderator rights to our App Store, documentation, and Mendix Forum
- Access to a special MVP discussion group
- Having fun through sharing knowledge with other MVPs and Mendix
- Recognition with public visibility: your profile is featured on our MVP program page, and you are highlighted during certain Mendix events
- Invitations to speak at Mendix events and meetups
- Special Mendix MVP t-shirt
Mendix reserves the right to make MVP selection decisions and to revoke MVP status at any time at its sole discretion. Acceptance of the MVP designation constitutes permission for Mendix to use MVPs’ names and/or likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
By participating in the MVP program, each MVP agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold Mendix directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents (including advertising and promotion agencies ), and any other organizations related to the MVP program, harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the MVP program including without limitation the following: (i) any condition caused by events beyond Mendix’s control that may cause the MVP program to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the MVP designation or from participation in the MVP program.