We know our community plays a huge role in the success of the Mendix platform. And with the Most Valuable Professional (MVP) program, we want to recognize our loyal developers for their ongoing contributions and commitment to Mendix.
The MVP program has been designed to empower the community by retaining our top contributors’ high level of knowledge, giving them a closer view of the Mendix roadmap, and making them even more important and visible in the Mendix community.
2 Selecting MVPs
Mendix selects a limited number of developers who receive the year-long MVP status. This is awarded after a thorough review of their online and offline contributions to the Mendix community in the past year.
There are a few simple guidelines in the selection process:
- MVPs may be selected based on a nomination that includes a statement of motivations
- You can nominate yourself or someone else
- Mendix selects MVPs twice a year (in January and July)
- The title of MVP is valid for 1 year, until the new MVPs are selected
- You can be re-elected in subsequent years, depending on your contributions
These are the labels we use to describe our MVP recognition requirements:
- Active – the developer is highly active, accessible, and well-known in the community while contributing to the forum every week (if not every day), frequently adding new App Store content, organizing Meetups, and writing blogs on Mendix topics
- Expert – the developer knows a lot about the Mendix Platform and is a real Expert Developer, answers more question than they ask, and has proven expertise as well as successful complex implementations
- Evangelist – the developer is a Mendix advocate, shows a passion for developing Mendix solutions, and is able to think at an abstract level about developments within the software industry
- Leader – the developer can act as a bridge between Mendix and community developers by being creditable and sharing passion, real-world knowledge, and technical expertise with both the community and Mendix representatives
There are several things we look for when selecting the MVPs. To be nominated, the developer should do the following:
- Contribute consistently to the Mendix Forum and demonstrate a will to help the community by providing answers to important questions
- Stay active on the Mendix Idea Forum by submitting new ideas for the Mendix product roadmap
- Upload several App Store items a year
- Be active on GitHub by helping the community solve issues regarding App Store content repositories and writing Mendix documentation
- Attend and/or organize Meetups
- Run a self-maintained blog and publications site and be an active social media contributor about Mendix discussions
- Evangelize about Mendix and related technologies
- Be named as a good source by the developer community
- Be clearly recognized as a valued member by other members of the community
4 Benefits of Being an MVP
We want to reward our members and learn from their experiences and insights. As an MVP, you get access to Mendix Product Managers and Executives for special briefings during your year-long term. We want to know what you think and how we can enhance the platform to better meet your goals. You can then act as an ambassador in order to connect Mendix with the greater community.
The benefits of being an MVP include the following:
- Advanced insight into the Mendix product roadmap and strategy
- Moderator rights to the Mendix App Store, documentation, and Mendix Forum
- Access to a special MVP discussion group
- Having fun through sharing knowledge with other MVPs and Mendix
- Recognition with public visibility: your profile is featured on our MVP program page, and you are highlighted during certain Mendix events
- Invitations to speak at Mendix events and meetups
- Special Mendix MVP t-shirt
Mendix reserves the right to make MVP selection decisions and to revoke MVP status at any time at its sole discretion. Acceptance of the MVP designation constitutes permission for Mendix to use MVPs’ names and/or likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
By participating in the MVP program, each MVP agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold Mendix directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents (including advertising and promotion agencies ), and any other organizations related to the MVP program, harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the MVP program including without limitation the following: (i) any condition caused by events beyond Mendix’s control that may cause the MVP program to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the MVP designation or from participation in the MVP program.