As a Company Admin, you can deactivate and activate apps within your company. This means that if a company member has left an app project but not deleted it, you can re-activate the app project for them to work on again. For more information on this type of scenario, see How to Leave & Delete an App.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Deactivate an app
- Activate an app
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- To deactivate or activate an app, make sure you have the Company Admin role in your company
3 Deactivating & Activating an App
There are some important points to understand when you want to deactivate or activate an app:
- Only Free Apps can be deactivated
- A deactivated app still exists in the company, but it is invisible to regular users (because only a Company Admin can activate an inactive app)
- Licensed apps with a node can only be offboarded by Mendix Support (to offboard an app, you must submit a Mendix Support request)
To deactivate or activate an app as a Company Admin, follow these steps:
Go to the Developer Portal.
Click your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen and select Company Admin:
Select Apps from the sidebar menu to see the apps for deactivating/activating.
Select one of these actions to perform:
- To deactivate an active app, select an app with a Status of In Use and click Activate / Deactivate App
- To activate an inactive app, select an app with a Status of Inactive and click Activate / Deactivate App
In the pop-up window that appears, confirm you choice (by clicking either Deactivate apps or Activate apps, according to the scenario).