Within the company, it is important to keep the roles of Mendix users up to date. Some roles have important privileges that cannot be used for unintended purposes.
When the Mendix company and app roles as well as the contact information are implemented and maintained correctly, there is better internal communication and operational processes.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Add a Company Admin
- Change the Company Contact, App Contact, and Technical Contact
- Edit App Team roles
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the prerequisites described below:
- To add extra Company Admins, you need to be a Company Admin
- To change the App Contact, you need to have a SCRUM Master role or possess the App Team Settings permission
- To change the Technical Contact, you need to be a Technical Contact
3 Adding a Company Admin
A company can have multiple Company Admins to manage the company’s settings, users, apps, and nodes.
When you are a Company Admin, you can add extra Company Admins by following these steps:
Go to the Developer Portal, click your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen and select Company Admin:
Select the Company Admins tab:
Click Add Company Admin.
Select the users that should be changed into Company Admins, then select the permissions:
- Can manage Company – can manage all the settings of the company
- Can manage Users – can manage only the Users page of the company settings
- Can manage Apps – can manage only the Apps page of the company settings
- Can manage Nodes – can manage only the Nodes page of the company settings
- Can manage App Store – can specify protected App Store items, add content owners to protected items, and configure external downloaders for private App Store content; this permission makes the Company Admin the default content owner for all protected App Store items; note that this permission is not currently individually configurable and is only configurable via the Can manage Company permission for all company settins
4 Changing the Company Contact
A company can have multiple Company Admins to manage the company’s settings, users, apps, and nodes. Because there can be multiple Company Admins, one Company Admin must be the Contact person regarding the company operations.
The Company Admin can change the Company Contact by following these steps:
Go to the Company Profile tab and click Edit contact person:
Select the user that will be the new Contact person and click Select. The change will be automatically saved.
5 Changing the App Contact
An app intended for other company users always has a contact person to address questions regarding the app.
You can change the App Contact by following these steps:
- Go to the Developer Portal, click Apps in the top navigation panel, and select the app for which you want to change the App Contact.
- Click General under the Settings category.
Click Edit App Info in the top-right corner.
Below App Contact, select a new App Contact from the drop-down menu.
6 Changing the Technical Contact
An app can have only one Technical Contact to manage the app’s environments, deployment repositories, backups, and alerts.
If you are the current Technical Contact for an app, you can make another team member the Technical Contact by following these steps:
- Go to the Developer Portal, click Apps in the top navigation panel, and select the app for which you want to change the Technical Contact.
- Click Security under the Settings category.
- Select the Node Permissions tab.
Below the name of the new Technical Contact, click Change to Technical Contact. The Technical Contact will be changed for all environments, and the change will be automatically saved.
7 Editing App Team Roles
It is possible to change or add new App Team roles for a specific app or at the company level for all company apps. This depends on your role:
As a SCRUM Master, you can edit roles for the specific app of which you are the SCRUM Master by selecting Team > Manage Team (which will take you to the App Team tab of the Settings > Security page), clicking Role settings, then making your edits or clicking New role to create a custom new App Team role for that app
As a Company Admin, you can edit roles at the company level by clicking Role settings on the Roles Tab of your Company Admin’s Apps page to edit the roles (the changes will affect every app created in the company after the change)