When you click Model in the Develop category of the Developer Portal, you will have two options to open your model:
- Open the app model in the Desktop Modeler
- Open the app model in the Web Modeler
2 Desktop Modeler
Use the powerful Mendix Desktop Modeler to rapidly build enterprise-ready business apps. In the Modeler, you can visually model your app UI, logic for your business rules, the domain model, and integrations with REST and other complex back-end services.
When you click Edit in Desktop Modeler, the app will be opened in the Desktop Modeler.
2.1 Help Me Get Started
If you need help getting started with the Desktop Modeler, click Help me get started.
To quickly start building your new app, follow these steps:
- Download the Mendix Desktop Modeler by clicking Download.
- Install the Desktop Modeler on your system. It will start automatically after installation.
- Edit your new app by choosing it from the list of recent apps in the Desktop Modeler.
At the bottom of the page, the What’s next category presents the following options:
- Show me the basics includes a link to the Mendix Getting Started training course
- I’ve got a question includes links to the Mendix Forum and the Mendix documentation
- I’m ready to get serious includes a link to the Mendix Introduction Course
3 Web Modeler
You can quickly get started building your next smart app with the Web Modeler from the convenience of your web browser. Bootstrap your app with visual UI, business rules, and domain model editors. Integrate with back-end services through ready-made connectors.
You will soon be able to click Edit in Web Modeler to open the app in the Web Modeler.