When you click Model in the Develop category of the Developer Portal, you will have two options to open your model:
- Open the app model in the Desktop Modeler
- Open the app model in the Web Modeler
2 Desktop Modeler
Use our powerful Desktop Modeler to rapidly build powerful enterprise apps. Visually model your app’s domain model, UI, logic, and integrations with 3rd party services and back-end systems. Click Edit in Desktop Modeler to open your app in the Desktop Modeler.
2.1 Help Me Get Started
Click Help me get started if you need help getting started with the Desktop Modeler.
Follow these steps to quickly start developing your new app:
- Download the Mendix Desktop Modeler by clicking Download.
- Install the Desktop Modeler on your computer. It will start automatically after the installation is completed.
- Edit your new app by selecting it from the list of recent apps in the Desktop Modeler.
The What’s next category at the bottom of the page presents the following options:
- Show me the basics includes a link to the Getting Started learning path
- I’ve got a question includes links to the Mendix Forum and the Documentation
- I’m ready to get serious includes a link to the Become a Rapid Developer learning path
3 Web Modeler
Design beautiful apps with the Web Modeler. Leverage the integrated Atlas UI in the WYSIWYG page editor. Visually add your app’s domain model and business logic, from the convenience of your browser. Click Edit in Web Modeler to open the app in the Web Modeler (Atlas UI based apps only).