This how-to covers the Mendix Feedback Widget version 5.1.3 and below. For details on the latest version of the widget, see How to Use the Mendix Feedback & Collaboration Widget.
With Mendix, you can make use of the fully integrated feedback cycle functionality. Mendix supports enabling the end-user to provide feedback out of the box. This feedback is then reviewed, processed, and converted into actionable user stories.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Use the widget for leaving feedback on an app
- Configure the Widget
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisite:
- Create an app containing a working application model
3 Submitting Feedback on an App
The main purpose of the Mendix Feedback widget is to enable app end-users to provide feedback on apps. By just clicking Feedback when you are logged in to a Mendix app, you can comment on low-priority issues, ask questions, and propose ideas for improvement. That feedback is then reviewed and processed. For details on how feedback is addressed for an app project, see Feedback Management.
Via the Feedback Widget, you can also also provide feedback on how various parts of the Mendix Platform are working, such as the Developer Portal, App Store, Forum, Academy, and documentation. However, note that the Feedback button is not a support option. If there are real platform problems, please contact Mendix Support.
To provide feedback via the Mendix Feedback Widget, follow these steps:
- Click the Feedback button on the right-side of the screen.
- Fill in the feedback you want to send to Mendix. The feedback can be an Issue, Idea, or Question. A description of the feedback (in Additional information) and a screenshot of the screen (via the Include a snapshot of this page check box) are recommended.
Click Send Feedback:
After clicking Send feedback, your feedback will go straight to the Feedback page of your app project in the Developer Portal.
For details on how to see all the feedback you have submitted, see the Feedback section of Mendix Profile.
4 Configuring the Widget in Your App Project
To configure the Mendix Feedback Widget, follow these steps:
- Open the widget Properties by double-clicking the widget on the page.
- Select the User entity that is used in your application to store the name and email address of the user. Note that this object must be a specialization of the User entity within the System module (for example, Account in the Administration module).
- Select the Username attribute that stores the name of the user and the Email address attribute. This will be used to automatically fill in the name and email address of the user who is logged in when submitting feedback in the app.
Decide whether you want to allow users to upload a file and screenshot to the feedback item (via Allow file upload and Allow screenshot upload, respectively).
- Open the Configuration tab of the widget properties.
- Ensure that the Feedback server is set to
Ensure that the Project identifier is filled in correctly. The project identifier is your App ID, and it is automatically filled in for the Mendix Feedback Widget. If necessary, you can find the identifier of your app in the Developer Portal by opening your app and clicking General under the Settings category:
If you have configured multiple home pages for different user roles, you need to add the Mendix Feedback Widget to each home page for the user role from which you want to gather feedback. This can easily be done by copying the configured widget to the other relevant layouts and pages.
5 Related Content