For security reasons, deactivating the Mendix profile of an employee that is leaving your company is recommended. If the employee returns to your company, the Mendix profile can be activated again.
If a Mendix user moves to another company or comes from another company that is also using Mendix, the user can merge their old Mendix account(s) into the new Mendix account. This action combines all the hard-earned points, certifications, and achievements in the user’s efforts to climb the leaderboards.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Deactivate users
- Activate users
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- Have the Company Admin role in your Mendix company (for more information, see Company Admin)
- Before deactivating a user, make sure the following points are true for the user:
- Does not have a Company Contact role
- Does not have an App Contact role
- Does not have a Technical Contact role
- Is not the only SCRUM Master in any App Teams
- Is not involved in unsolved support tickets at Mendix Support
3 Company Admin User Settings
To manage the users in your company, follow these steps:
- Go to the Developer Portal.
Click your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen:
Click Company Admin.
Click Users in the left navigation panel.
3.1 Deactivating Users
To deactivate a user, follow these steps:
- On the Users page of the Company Admin settings, select the check boxes of the the users that you want to deactivate.
Click Activate / Deactivate user:
In the pop-up window that appears, click Deactivate member(s):
The deactivated user will become inactive and will imidiately dissapear from the list. If you click Filter and select Inactive, you will see the deactivated users.
You can only deactivate a user. It is not possible to delete a user completely.
3.2 Activating Users
Follow these steps to activate an inactive user:
- On the Users page of the Company Admin settings click Filter.
Click Inactive. The list with company users will be extended with inactive deactivated users.
Select the inactive user and click Activate / Deactivate user.
In the pop-up window that appears, click Activate accounts.