It has never been easier to deploy a Mendix application to the cloud. This how-to will explain the options a developer has to deploy applications to a connected cloud node.
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
2.1 Prerequisites for a Licensed App
- Your app is linked to a licensed Cloud Node
- You have deployment permissions
- Your Google Authenticator is enabled
2.1 Prerequisites for a Free App
- You have created an App
3 Deploying a Licensed App to the Mendix Cloud
There are two methods of deploying your app to the Mendix Cloud. The first option is directly via the Mendix Modeler, and the second is through the Developer Portal.
3.1 Deploy via the Mendix Modeler
- Open the Mendix Modeler.
- Open the licensed app.
Click Project in the menu and select Deploy to licensed cloud node (Ctrl+F5).
The deployment is now in progress. Click Show online, to see the uploaded package.
3.2 Create a Package from Team Server in the Developer Portal
An app can also be deployed without using the Mendix Modeler. Take the following steps to do this:
- Go to the Developer Portal.
- Click Apps in the top navigation panel.
- Select your app.
- Go to Environments.
- Click Create package from teamserver.
- Select the preferred branch and revision and click Next.
- Give the build a version number and click Build this revision.
The package is now being deployed to the cloud.
4 Deploy the App to an Environment
Previous steps explained how to deploy a Deployment Package to the Mendix Cloud. The actual app is not running yet. Follow these steps to deploy a Deployment Package to a node environment:
- Open the Developer Portal.
- Open your app.
- Go to Environments.
- In the Deployment Package Repository, choose the preferred Deployment Package and click Deploy.
- Select the preferred environment and click Continue.
- Click Transport. If asked for, clean the environment.
- Configure the Constants if needed, by clicking Constants and Edit constants value. This can also be done in a later stage in the settings.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start application. If asked for, click Synchronize database.
The app is now deployed and the administrative account can be configured.
5 Deploying a Free App to the Mendix Cloud
With a Free App it’s only possible to deploy your App to a sandbox environment using a Mendix Modeler. There are two methods to do that.
Once you have created and worked on your App, you will want to share it with others in the Free App. You can deploy your Free App to a sandbox environment by clicking Run at the top of your Mendix Modeler. It will automatically deploy your app to a sandbox.
If you want to choose whether you want to run your app locally or in the sandbox, you can enable the sandbox option by clicking Run.