This how-to describes how to link a different app to your licensed cloud node so that you can deploy a different app.
After completing this how-to you will know:
- How to link a different app to your node which already has a linked an app
- How to exchange apps between two nodes
Before you can start with this how-to, please make sure you have completed the following prerequisites.
- The app has the Team Server enabled. Read this how-to to learn how to create a collaboration app.
In case you have created an app in the Mendix Modeler, you can upload it to the Team Server (see Upload To Team Server Dialog) and a repository will be created automatically.
- Make sure no Sandbox is linked to your app. (Every Team Server app is linked to a Sandbox automatically). Read this how-to to learn how to unlink your Sandbox from your app.
3 Linking a App to a Licensed Cloud Node
- Read How to Deploy to the Mendix Cloud to learn how to link an app to a cloud node.
4 Linking a Different App to the Node
- In the Developer Portal, go to Apps and select the app you want to link to the node.
- Once you are in the app, go to the ‘Environments’ tab in the left navigation panel.
- Click Select Node.
- Select the correct node by clicking Use this Node and link it to your app. The current linked app will be dislinked automatically.
5 Exchange Linked Apps Between Nodes
In case you want to exchange two apps with nodes who are already linked, you can create a new app and follow chapters 1 to 3 of this document.
App A → Node 1 App B → Node 2
- To be able to link App A to Node 2, you have to create a new empty App C (see Chapter 1).
- And to link this to Node 1 (see Chapter 2).
- App A will be released from Node 1 and can be linked to Node 2.