The General settings page presents an overview of your app project with the following details:
- A Description of the app
- The App Contact and Technical Contact for the app
Whether the app is enabled for Mendix Studio (for details, see the Mendix Studio section below)
The App ID
The sections below describe the actions you can perform on this page.
2 Mendix Studio
In the Mendix Studio section, you can see whether Studio is enabled for the app.
You can also enable Studio if it has not been enabled yet by clicking Enable Mendix Studio:
Only Scrum Masters or custom App Team roles with the App Settings permission are allowed to enable Studio.
3 Editing Cloud Settings
Click Cloud Settings to select the cloud platform on which to deploy your app. The selection of cloud platforms available will depend on the features of your Mendix account.
Only users with the App Settings permission can change cloud platforms. For default roles, only the Scrum Master has this permission. For more details, see the App Team Roles section of Company & App Roles.
If you select a non-Mendix cloud platform like SAP, you will be redirected to a page to complete the setup. If you select Mendix Cloud, no additional setup is needed.
Specific steps for configuring different cloud platforms are provided here:
4 Managing App Users
Click Manage App Users to manage and invite App Users, who are end-users who can access the deployed app on specific environments to use it, test it, and provide feedback.
You can also manage app users from Studio, by clicking Manage Users on the Settings > Roles and Permissions page within Studio.
After clicking Manage App Users, you will see a list of environments for your app on the App User Management page. You will only be able to see environments that satisfy these requirements:
- Mendix Single Sign-On is implemented:
- In Studio, SSO is automatically implemented for your app project by enabling security for your app – for details, see the Enabling Security section of Security, Roles & Permissions
- In Studio Pro, SSO can implemented via the [MendixSSO](https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/111349/Mendix/MendixSSO-(for-Mendix-7) module, or the (deprecated) AppCloudServices module
- If you manage user roles from Studio, your app should be published (for more information see the Managing App Users section of Security, Roles & Permissions )
- Your user role allows you to manage other users (for more information, see the User Management Properties section of User Roles)
4.1 Manage Users
When you click Manage Uses on for your environment, you will see a page with a list of the current App Users you can remove or edit:
To remove an App User from the environment, click Remove by their name.
To edit an App User’s roles, click Edit by their name. Permissions for these roles (for example, User or Administrator) correspond to what you have configured for your app project’s user roles in Project Security in Mendix Studio Pro or Roles and Permissions in Mendix Studio. If you have created a customized role, you need to publish the app before you are able to see and assign it here.
If an App User has been granted access to an app environment through a security group, only a Company Admin using the Security Groups page can remove them from that environment (by removing them from that security group) or edit the roles granted by that security group policy.
4.2 Invite Users
To invite new App Users to your app, click Invite Users on the App User Management page or on the page with a list of current App Users and follow these steps:
Enter the email addresses of the end-users you want to invite.
Click Include your app team to include invitations to all the members of your App Team. This may be useful, because people invited to join your App Team are not added as App Users automatically.
Click Add to invitee list.
Select the role for the App User (for example, User or Administrator). Permissions for these roles correspond to what you have configured for your app project’s user roles in Project Security in Mendix Studio Pro or Roles and Permissions in Mendix Studio. If you have created a customized role, you need to publish the app before you are able to see and assign it here.
Add a personal message to your invitation, and finally click Next then Send Invitations to send it.
The invitee will receive an email asking them to authorize access to their Mendix account on this screen:
After they provide authorization, they will be brought to your deployed app.
5 Editing App Info
Only users with the App Settings permission can edit the application information.
Click Edit App Info to edit the following details:
- The name and logo of the app
- The Description of the app
- The App Contact
6 Managing Webhooks
Click Manage Webhooks to manage your app’s webhooks. A webhook enables the Developer Portal to talk to another website and post updated Developer Portal content (for example, Sprint updates and new stories) to that website. For example, if Mansystems wants to follow the changes in their app project, they will create a service with a certain URL (see the required URL below) that keeps track of the data. Changes in the app project in the Developer Portal are then sent to that URL.
Only Company Admins or users with the App Settings permission can manage webhooks.
On the Webhooks settings page, you can add a new webhook and edit or delete existing webhooks:
After clicking New to create a new webhook, fill in the following details:
- Name – the name of the webhook
- URL – the URL to which the webhook will connect
- Secret – the secret used by the Developer Portal to sign the data payload in order to identify the source of the data to the receiving URL (this appears when creating and editing a webhook, but it will not be displayed on the Webhooks settings page)
- Version – the version of the webhooks feature to be used
- Events – what types of data will be sent via the webhook (you must select at least one; this appears when creating and editing a webhook, but it will not be displayed on the Webhooks settings page)
To edit the above details for an existing webhook, click Edit.
To delete an existing webhook, click Delete.
For details on the technical configuration of webhooks, see Webhooks in the API Documentation.
7 Leaving the App
To leave the app, click Leave App. For details on leaving, deleting, and deactivating an app, see How to Leave & Delete an App.