Mendix Studio Pro enables you to build apps on the Mendix Platform. This how-to will guide you through the steps of installing Mendix Studio Pro.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Download Mendix Studio Pro
- Install Mendix Studio Pro
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You need a Windows environment to install Studio Pro (see System Requirements for the full list of supported systems and required frameworks)
3 Download Mendix Studio Pro
Mendix Studio Pro can be installed on your machine with a Windows exectuable file. This executable can be downloaded from the Mendix App Store. Follow these steps to download Mendix Studio Pro:
- Go to the Studio Pro download page in the Mendix App Store.
Click Download to download the latest Mendix Studio Pro.
4 Install Mendix Studio Pro
Mendix Studio Pro needs to be installed on your computer before you can start building apps. Follow these steps to install Mendix Studio Pro:
Open the downloaded Mendix Studio Pro executable. It is named like this: Mendix-8.X.X-Setup. Then click Next:
Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next:
Select the folder in which you want to install Studio Pro and click Next:
Enter the start menu shortcuts folder you want to use and click Next:
Check the Desktop option to create a shortcut to Studio Pro on your desktop and click Next:
Click Install to install Studio Pro on your computer:
Check Launch Mendix 8.X.X and click Finish to finish the installation and launch Studio Pro:
Some people run into problems when installing Studio Pro. One work-around is to restart your system and install the prerequisites separately if they are not already installed.
The prerequisites are:
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 (https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/E/4/6E48E8AB-DC00-419E-9704-06DD46E5F81D/NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe)
- AdoptOpenJDK 11 (https://cdn.mendix.com/installer/AdoptOpenJDK/OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.3_7.msi)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/8/0/A80747C3-41BD-45DF-B505-E9710D2744E0/vcredist_x64.exe)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/E/6/2E61CFA4-993B-4DD4-91DA-3737CD5CD6E3/vcredist_x64.exe)
Based on the error message you get from the installer you can decide to install a single prerequisite, or you can try to manually install them all.
After that you can retry installing Studio Pro.