To debug the Java actions used in a Mendix microflow, you need to make some configuration changes to the way you start the Mendix Runtime. This how-to will explain how to manage this.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Edit the server configuration
- Configure remote debugging
2 Editing the Server Configuration with Extra JVM Parameters
In this section, you will learn how to configure the security at the Prototype / demo level. Be aware that this level of security is only applicable for development/demo purposes. This level is available for the quick development of demo applications. It simulates security without the more complex configuration of data access. When deploying to the Mendix Cloud, setting Production security is mandatory.
To edit the server configuration with extra JVM parameters, follow these steps:
- Open the App Settings.
- Edit the configuration on the Configurations tab.
Go to the Server tab of the configuration, add the following line to the Extra JVM parameters field:
Run your application.
3 Configuring Remote Debugging
In your Java IDE, you need to configure remote debugging.
To configure IntelliJ, follow these steps:
- Start the Debugger.
- Place some breakpoints in your Java code.
- Start debugging.
To configure Eclipse, follow these steps:
- Open the app in Eclipse.
- Open the menu with the bug icon or the Run menu.
- Select Debug Configurations.
- In the left menu bar, select Remote Java Application.
- Right-click New.
- Be sure your current app is under App, and change the port to 5005 (view the JVM parameters).
- Click Debug.