This is the final how-to in the series for creating a to-do app based on the Mendix Mobile Quick Starter app.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Add logic to the microflows
- Simulate touch behavior of mobile device
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisite:
3 Adding Logic to the Microflows
The List view swipe widget has been configured, but the two microflows you created do not have any logic yet. Follow these steps to add logic to the microflows so they will execute the behavior we want:
- Open the ACT_ToDo_Delete microflow.
- Add an Activity that deletes the ToDo object and refreshes the client.
- Open the ACT_ToDo_MarkAsCompleted microlfow.
- Add an Activity that changes the Completed attributed of the ToDo object to true and set Commit to Yes.
There is no need to refresh in the client due to the “Move out, hide” behavior of the List View Swipe widget.
4 Running the App and Simulating Touch Behavior of Mobile Device
The app is now finished, so you are going to view it on a simulated mobile device. To emulate the touch behavior of a user on a mobile device (which is mentioned in How to Build a Mobile To-Do App Step 2: Create the Pages), follow these steps:
- Save all changes and run the app locally.
- Open the View drop-down menu and select View Hybrid Mobile App.
- Choose the Profile navigation profile.
- Click the laptop icon under Preview in browser.
- Press F12 to open the browser’s Developer Tools.
Select the device you want to simlate, and your mouse will act like a finger on the screen.
Fantastic! You’ve finished this how-to series and now have a mobile to-do app that works well and looks great.
We are very interested in your feedback. Please take this short survey to let us know what you think about this how-to.
6 Related Content
- How to Build a Mobile To-Do App Step 1: Create a New Project, Module, and Domain Model
- How to Build a Mobile To-Do App Step 2: Create the Pages
- How to Build a Mobile To-Do App Step 3: Improve the Look and Feel of the App
- How to Deploy Your First Hybrid Mobile App
- How to Publish a Mendix Hybrid Mobile App in Mobile App Stores
- Push Notifications