This how-to explains how you can create overview and detail pages in Mendix.
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Create overview and detail pages
- Configure navigation and security
Before starting with this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisite:
Set up a basic data structure by reading How to Create a Basic Data Layer:
3 Creating an Overview Page
To create a new overview page and add it to your project, follow these steps:
- Right-click the module and select Add > Page.
- Click Responsive.
- Enter CustomerOverview in Page name.
- Select _Sidebar_FullResponsive as the navigation layout.
Click Blank, then select the Blank page template** and click OK:
Click Data Grid in the menu bar of the page builder to select the data grid widget:
Click inside the page editor to create the data grid widget:
Right-click the data grid and select Select Entity.
Select the Customer entity in the Select Data Source pop-up window and click Select:
Click OK to auto-fill the data grid with search fields and columns:
You should now have an overview page with a data grid like this:
3 Creating a Detail Page
- Right-click New on the data grid on the overview page and select Generate page.
- Select PopupLayout as the Navigation layout.
Select Form horizontal and then click OK:
Right-click New on the data grid on the overview page again and select Go to page:
You should now have a detail page like this:
4 Navigation and Security
- Now create a navigation item for your overview page to start using it. For details on how to set up the navigation structure, see How to Set Up the Navigation Structure.
- If you switched on security for this application, you need to configure page access on both the overview and detail pages. For more information on configuring page access, see How to Create a Secure App.
5 Related content
- How to Perform the Scout and Windows 10 Workaround
- How to Use Layouts and Snippets
- How to Filter Data on an Overview Page
- How to Set Up the Mendix UI Framework with Just CSS
- How to Set Up the Navigation Structure
- How to Set Up the Mendix UI Framework with Scout
- How to Set Up the Mendix UI Framework with Koala
- How to Find the Root Cause of Runtime Errors