Welcome to the Mendix 4 how-to section. Here you will find short step-by-step guides to help you with some of the more challenging aspects of the Mendix Framework. Should you be looking for in-depth descriptions of the various aspects of the Mendix technology, you can find these in the reference guide.
These articles help you configure settings that affect your entire project, as well as the navigation of your application.
- Create a New Navigation Menu Item
- Edit System Texts
- Run Two Applications Locally at Once
- Set Up Alternative Home Pages Based on User Role
The domain model is a central part of any application, as it defines both the entities the project uses and their interrelationships.
- Add a Reference Set
- Add a Validation Rule
- Add an Attribute
- Add an Event Handler
- Configure Delete Behavior
- Create a Specialized Entity
- Create an Association
- Improve Performance With Indexes
- Set Up an Attribute With Microflow Source
Microflows are the means with which you can express logic in your project. They allow you to perform a wide range of different activities, including creating and changing objects, opening forms and calling Java actions.
- Add an Activity to a Microflow
- Add Validation Feedback to Forms
- Call a Microflow Inside Another Microflow
- Cast an Object
- Change a List
- Configure a Java Action Call
- Configure a List Operation
- Configure a Loop
- Configure an ‘aggregate List’ Activity
- Configure an Exclusive Split
- Create a List
- Create and Change an Object
- Display a Message With a Microflow
- Generate Documents Using Document Templates
- Import Xml Documents
- Merge Multiple Sequence Flows
- Retrieve a List of Objects
- Retrieve and Manipulate Batches of Objects
- Show a Form Using a Microflow
- Use a Specialization of an Entity
Integration with other applications is typically done using Web Services and XML. These articles will help you create XML mappings as well as expose or consume Web Services.
- Add and Configure an Xml Schema
- Add Web Service Users
- Configure a Domain-to-xml Mapping
- Configure an Xml-to-domain Mapping
- Consume a Web Service
- Expose a Web Service
This article will explain how you can add Java actions to your project with the help of Eclipse.
With Mendix you can easily create your application in multiple languages. These articles will explain how.
- Add a new Language to Your Project
- Translate Texts With the Batch Translate Function
- Use the Batch Replace Function
This section describes various ways to increase the performance of your project.
Correctly setting up security is an important part of application development. These articles will help you set up security on both project and module level.
These articles will help you to configure the various resources you can add to your project.
- Add Custom Images
- Add Documents to a Module
- Configure a Scheduled Event
- Create a Data Set and Add Parameters to It
- Create a Multi-Language Enumeration
- Create and Build a Document Template
- Create and Configure a Constant
- Set up a Rule
Forms are used to build a user interface and display information to the user. These articles will explain how to build forms using the available widgets and use the reporting functionality.
- ‘Constrained by’ Functionality for a Reference Selector
- ‘Constrained by’ Functionality for a Reference Set Selector
- Add a Widget to a Form
- Add and Configure a File Manager
- Add and Configure an Image Uploader
- Add and Configure an Image Viewer
- Add and Configure Tab Pages
- Apply Xpath Within the Form Builder
- Build a Template Grid
- Configure a Microflow Button
- Configure a Microflow Trigger
- Configure the Date Range Selector
- Configure the Default Button of a Data Grid
- Configure the Go-to Form of a Reference Selector
- Configure the Pop-up Form of a Reference Selector
- Configure the Tooltip Form of a Data Grid
- Configure the Tooltip Form of a Reference Set Selector
- Configure Zooming for a Basic Report
- Connect a Basic Report to a Data Set
- Connect a Microflow to a Widget Event
- Connect a Report Chart to a Data Set
- Connect an Attribute to a Column
- Connect an Attribute to a Search Field
- Connect an Entity to a Data Grid
- Connect an Entity to a Data View
- Connect Forms Using Buttons
- Connect Parameter Widgets to a Data Set
- Create a New Object With Associated Image Object
- Create a Report and Add Widgets to It
- Create and Build a Form
- Determine Contents of a Nested Data View by Microflow
- Display Icons for Enumeration Values
- Display the Sum of a Data Grid Column
- Set Up a Listen Target for a Data View
- Set Up Multiple Sorting Priorities
- Set Up Visibility and Editability Based on an Enumeration
- Set Up Visibility Based on an Module Role
- Use a Microflow to Determine Selectable Objects
- Use the ‘apply Context’ Property
Custom widgets allow you to add additional functionality and styling to your projects.
- Call a Microflow
- Commit an Object
- Encode an Icon With Base64
- Install an App From the App Store
- Publish an App in the App Store
- Use the Data View Context Object
These articles will help you deploy your application to a Mendix Business Server.