It is possible to debug applications that are already in the cloud (either in an acceptance or production environment).
This how-to will teach you how to do the following:
- Connect your debugger to your cloud environment
Before starting this how-to, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- Install a Basic, Professional, or Enterprise Mendix edition: http://www.mendix.com/editions/
3 The Basics
To enable the cloud debugging, you need to get a URL and a password from the cloud and add that information to the Modeler. The steps below will explain where you can gather all the necessary information.
Be aware of other application end-users. Debugging in production is not recommended. However, if you are debugging in the cloud, be aware of other system end-users. The debugger will stop processes from moving on for other users.
- Open your browser, go to http://home.mendix.com, and log in with your Mendix ID.
Click Dev Portal and navigate to the project that you want to debug:
Open the Deploy tab in your project and click Details for the environment:
On the Environment Details screen, click Enable Debugging:
This invokes the Debugger settings pop-up window. Usually this presents a URL (such as
http://yourapp.mendixcloud.com) and a secure password that changes each time you enable and disable the debugger:
If you want to disable the debugger, click Disable Debugging on the Environment Details screen.
3.2 How to Enable Cloud Debugging in Your Modeler
Once you have the unique URL and password, there are two methods for connecting the modeler to the cloud environment.
If you do not see an overview similar to the one below, then you do not have sufficient cloud permissions to deploy packages into the cloud or to debug in the cloud. Contact the technical contact or the project SCRUM Master in your project to get sufficient permissions.
3.2.1 First Method for Connecting the Modeler to the Cloud Environment
Go to the Run tab and select Connect debugger…:
In the Connect Debugger dialog box, enter the URL and the Password that you got from the cloud environment (for details, see 3.1 Enabling Debugging in the Cloud):
3.2.2 Second Method for Connecting the Modeler to the Cloud Environment
- Go to the Debugger dock window.
- Click Connect and enter the URL and password information in the dialog window.
4 Read More
- How to Find the Root Cause of Runtime Errors
- How to Clear Warning Messages
- How to Test Web Services Using SoapUI
- How to Monitor Mendix Using JMX
- How to Debug Java Actions Remotely
- How to Log Levels
- How to Debug Microflows
- How to Debug Java Actions
- How to Handle Common Mendix SSO Errors
- The Ultimate Debugger
- Debug Live Apps in the Cloud