Scout has not been updated for Windows 10. Therefore, Windows 10 users need to use a workaround.
2 Requirements for the Workaround
- You need a 32-bit Java 7 runtime
- You can use Ninite Air Java 7 to get the right version or download it yourself
- Run Windows in English using the Settings panel to make US English the default
- Note that this changes your desktop language!
- A rather well-hidden option should be used to set the language for non-Unicode programs to US English
- Use the search task bar icon to find the control panel and open it, then select Region > Administrative tab
- The language for non-Unicode programs must be set to US English