The Mendix Modeler contains a version control system that supports collaborating with team members. This document presents fixes that can be used when version control problems arise.
2 Known Problems & Fixes
Below is a list of known problems and steps to fix them.
2.1 Getting an Error Containing
SharpSvn.SvnAuthenticationException: Proxy authentication failed
This error means that the Modeler has problems reaching the version control server because of a proxy server.
The proxy settings can be changed in the Modeler by selecting Edit > Preferences and then the Advanced tab. In the Proxy server section, you can change the proxy authentication settings. Fill in the correct User name and Password for the proxy server.
2.2 Getting an Error Containing Another
If you are using the Desktop Modeler version 7.18 or higher, sign out and then sign back in.
If you are using a Desktop Modeler version lower than 7.18, follow these steps:
- Remove all the files from the \Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth\svn.simple folder.
- Remove all the files from the \Users<your username>\AppData\Local\Mendix\svnconfig\auth\svn.simple folder.
2.3 Getting an Error with the Message
Connection timed out
If you are using the Desktop Modeler version 7.18 or higher, follow these steps:
- Open the \Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\servers file with any text editor.
- Add the text
http-timeout = 5000under the section
- Save the file.
2.4 Getting an Error with the Message
<project folder> is already locked
- Install TortoiseSVN, as suggested in System Requirements. Use version 1.7.x, which can be downloaded here.
- Go to the parent directory (folder) of your project (this is the folder with the
from the error message).
- Right-click to open the folder’s context menu.
- On the TortoiseSVN sub-menu, select Clean up.
3 Other Problems
If the solutions here do not work for your version control problems, please submit a request with Mendix Support.