This how-to explains how you can find your way through a project in the Mendix Modeler. At many places in the Mendix Modeler you can access a handy menu by clicking the right mouse button. Two options are commonly used to find your way through a project and they are called ‘Go-To’ and ‘Find usages’. The ‘Go-To’ option for example allows you to navigate to the target of a button or to the source of data grid. The ‘Find Usages’ option for example allows you to find all buttons that are opening a certain page.
1. ‘Go to’ options
- Open the Navigation editor.
- Right click a menu item and select Go to target. The Modeler now opens the corresponding target of the menu item, in this case a page.
- Now right click any of the buttons in the data grid and select ‘Go to microflow’. The Mendix Modeler opens the corresponding microflow.
- Right click any of the activities in the Microflow and select ‘Go to entity’. The Mendix Modeler now opens the corresponding domain model.
2. Find usages
- In the domain model right click any of the entities and select ‘Find usages’. The Mendix Modeler shows all the usages of this entity in the ‘Find Results’ pane.
- Double click any of the items in the ‘Find Results’ pane to open the corresponding document.
- Now click ‘Lock results’ in the ‘Find Results’ pane. From this moment on, if you click ‘Find Usages’, the results will be shown in a second ‘Find Results’ pane. This allows you to continue navigating while keeping your initial search results open in the first ‘Find Results’ pane.