In Studio Pro editors, such as navigation, page, or microflow editor, you can access a handy menu by right-clicking items. Two options are commonly used to find your way in a project: Go to and Find usages.
The Go to option allows you to navigate from one element to another: for example, to navigate to the target of a button or to the source of a data grid.
The Find Usages option allows you to find where a certain element is used, for example, to find all buttons that open a certain page.
2 Go To Options
The examples of using the Go to option are described below:
- Opening a target of a menu item – in Project > Navigation, you can right-click a menu item and select Go to target. Studio Pro will open the corresponding target of the menu item,for example, a page.
- Opening a data source of an element – on pages, you can navigate to the data source of a widget. For example, you can right-click a button in the data grid and select Go to microflow. Mendix Studio Pro will open the corresponding microflow:
- Opening an entity from a microflow – you can navigate to an entity in the domain model if you right-click an activity in the microflow and select Go to entity. Mendix Studio Pro will open the corresponding domain model:
3 Finding Usages
To find where a certain element is used, do the following:
- In the domain-model, right-click an entity and select Find usages. Mendix Studio Pro shows all usages of this entity in the Find Results pane.
- Double-click an item in the Find Results pane to open the corresponding document:
- Click Lock results in the Find Results pane. Now if you click Find Usages, the results will be shown in a second Find Results pane. This allows you to keep several search results.