The Mendix Modeler supports Windows 7, 8 and 10. It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit variations, but 64-bit is recommended.
The following frameworks are automatically installed (if necessary):
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package
- OpenJDK 8 (support added in Mendix 6.10.18) or Java Development Kit 1.8
You can choose which JDK is used for building and running locally through the ‘Edit > Preferences’ menu item.
If you want to use TortoiseSVN in combination with the Modeler, download the latest version 1.7.x from the Sourceforge page.
The Team Server is implemented using Subversion and the Modeler uses the HTTPS protocol to communicate with that server. To access the Team Server from within the Modeler, the network at your location needs the following settings:
- The HTTPS port (TCP 443) needs to be open.
- The HTTP port (TCP 80) needs to be open.
- WebDAV - verbs within the HTTP protocol - needs to be enabled on the proxy server (if any).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 or newer
- Debian 8 (Jessie) or newer
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- CentOS 6, CentOS 7
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 7 or newer
- Nginx (tested with versions included in Debian Jessie and Debian Jessie Backports)
See Data Storage
When running Mendix on a server, you will need Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8. To download an OpenJDK distribution from AdoptOpenJDK, see AdoptOpenJDK Installation. To download a commercial Oracle distribution, see Java SE Downloads.
There is an issue since Java 7, causing timeouts when using Web Services with a certain amount of data. You can circumvent this issue by adding the VM params “
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true”. The Mendix Modeler will do this for you but if you are running Mendix on premise on a Windows server you will need to do this yourself.
For more information about this issue, have a look at http://blog.bielu.com/2011/11/hotspot-64bit-server-hangs-on-socket.html or https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9985748
Jetty is built into the Mendix Runtime, an application server is not required.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 - 11
- iOS 9 and newer (Safari)
- Android 4.4 and newer
- Windows Phone 8 and newer