These release notes cover changes made to the Mendix App Store.
November 14th, 2019
Content Support Update
We are invested in maintaining Mendix App Store content to make it easier for you to find and use the widgets and modules that you need. To that end, we have cleaned up old App Store content where Mendix support is no longer possible and changed the support level from Platform support to Community support.
For more information on these support levels, see App Store Content Support.
November 6th, 2019
You can now subscribe to receive emails when new versions of your favorite App Store content are published.
October 23rd, 2019
You can now create user groups for your company and assign your company’s App Store content to different groups. Management of user group content is restricted to only the members of the group. You can also add guest users to these groups and allow them to download selected private company content.
The former App Store Content Managers and External Downloaders groups have been removed. Members of these groups have been migrated to a new temporary user group called Migrated Data. Former “content managers” have been added as user group members, and former “external downloaders” have been added as guests.
Content that was marked as Protected as well as content marked as Shared with Others has been migrated to the Content tab of the Migrated Data user group. This makes all “externally shared” content protected for that user group.
October 1st, 2019
We now display the UUID of an App Store component in the Additional Info section of its details page. This allows you to specify the
TemplateUUID when calling the CreateNewApp operation in the Projects API.
September 11th, 2019
We added the flexibility to label your App Store content with a custom version number.
August 30th, 2019
SAP Connector Renaming
We renamed all the SAP-related connectors and starter apps in the App Store to be consistent. The changes are:
|Type||Old Name||New Name|
|Connector||SAP Cloud Platform XSUAA Connector||XSUAA Connector for SAP Cloud Platform|
|Connector||SAP Fiori UI Package||UI Package for SAP Fiori themed apps|
|Connector||SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation Connector||Connector for SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation|
|Connector||SAP OData Connector||OData Connector for SAP solutions|
|Connector||SAP OData Model Creator||OData Model Creator for SAP solutions|
|Starter App||Fiori Blank||Blank App for SAP Fiori themed apps|
|Starter App||SAP Northwind OData||Northwind OData Service Master-Detail App for SAP solutions|
|Starter App||SAP Purchase Order Approval Tutorial||Purchase Order Approval Tutorial for SAP solutions|
August 26th, 2019
SAP OData Connector Improvements & Fixes
- We updated the SAP OData Connector to support the Edm.Int64 data type. (Ticket 87284)
- We also fixed a java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (Write failed) exception which occurred when sending a large request to the OData service endpoint. (Ticket 86680)
July 31st, 2019
- We simplified the options available for formatting the Documentation section when creating new App Store content.
- We made it possible to upload images into the Documentation editor - you can drag and drop an image from your file explorer into the editor, or link to images via URL (Copy + Paste does not work due to browser inconsistencies).
- We made some user changes and improvements when you create new content using GitHub as the source. For example, an easier-to-use selection screen when choosing your repository.
- We also made some other minor bug fixes.
July 5th, 2019
SAP Logging Connector Updates
- We updated the SAP Logging Connector to allow the log level to be set via a constant instead of an enumeration. This means that you can change the log level with a restart, without needing to fully redeploy your app.
- We also solved an issue where the SAP Logging Connector had conflicts with the Community Commons module.
June 28th, 2019
SAP Logging Improvement
We added a component in the App Store which, when configured in your app, allows you to use the logging format supported by SAP Kibana. For more information, see SAP Logging Connector.
June 6th, 2019
- We fixed the issue with selecting specific Starter Apps when creating a new app in Mendix Studio Pro (Desktop Modeler).
- We fixed the problems with deep links for private apps.
April 29th, 2019
- We created a new App Store menu structure, so it is now easier to navigate through your created content. If you are a Company Admin with certain permissions, you will see additional menu items to help you manage private and public company content.
- For App Store administrators, you can now set content managers who are allowed to manage your company content by marking it as protected.
- You can now share private App Store content with external downloaders from other companies.
February 15th, 2019
SAP OData Connector Improvements & Fixes
- We now throw an error which you can catch in a microflow if the destination does not exist, or the app is running locally. Previously the error could not be caught.
- We fixed some typos in the OData Connector actions.
- We now provide OData Connector support for Mendix apps which use Oracle DB as their database.
January 24th, 2019
IBM Watson Connector Suite Improvements
- We released an upgraded version of the IBM Watson Connector Suite, which supports IBM Watson SDK version 6.11.0 and adds additional microflow actions.
- We released an upgraded version of the IBM Watson Connector Suite Example Project, which includes the new IBM Watson Connector Suite.
- We released an upgraded version of the IBM Watson Blank App starter app, which includes the new IBM Watson Connector Suite.
- For more information see IBM Watson Connector.
January 21st, 2019
The Reviews section at the bottom of the App Store main page presents the latest published user reviews. We fixed an issue where clicking on a user’s name to view their profile caused an internal server error. You will now be redirected to the expected user.
December 17th, 2018
We have noticed that when searching in the App Store (via the Search Mendix search bar), users frequently use keywords like Mendix, Modeler, Desktop, and Download as well as different Desktop Modeler versions. The search results did not provide the expected results based on these keywords (as in, they did not show the Modeler download page). With this update, it is now possible to search for the Modeler and all of its versions in the Search Mendix search bar, which will redirect you to the Desktop Modeler page in the Mendix App Store.
October 1st, 2018
SAP OData Connector Version 4.0.0
This version of the SAP OData Connector allows you to use the destination services of SAP Cloud Platform. This simplifies configuration, authentication and endpoint management when integrating your application, running in SAP Cloud Platform, with SAP backend services. See SAP Destination Service.
The following authentication types are currently supported in SAP Destination Services:
- PrincipalPropagation authentication and ProxyType on-premise (Connectivity Service/Cloud Connector/On premise backend)
- Oauth2SALMAssertion authentication (For Neo Platform apps)
- Basic and None authentication for public backends
SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation Connector Version 1.0.0
This new connector allows you to consume Leonardo Machine learning services from both API Business Hub and SAP Cloud Platform by adding activities to your Mendix model.
The SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation Connector is available in the App Store here: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/107221/.
SAP Fiori Styling
The existing SAP Blank starter app has been replaced by a new Fiori Blank starter app. This new Fiori Blank starter app has a new Fiori UI Package included. This is based on Atlas UI, which means that you can use either the Web Modeler or Desktop Modeler to build applications which give the Fiori UI experience.
The new SAP OData Connector will break existing projects which are using the SAP Cloud Connector. The SAP OData Connector no longer supports the “Use Cloud Connector” attribute. This is now embedded in the destination service configuration. See SAP Destination Service for more details.
June 21st, 2017
Private company App Store content is now indicated in the Template browser with a lock icon.