1 Beta Features Overview
Some Mendix Platform releases contain beta features. We release these beta features to collect feedback on their implementation so that we can improve them. We value any feedback on these beta features, as it enables us to provide you with the best possible product.
The availability of beta features will be documented in the release notes for every specific release. Other documentation will be available through the Mendix documentation website. Please consult the release notes and the documentation on how to enable and use these beta features.
Beta features are part of regular Mendix releases. By default they are disabled. Please consult the documentation to learn how to enable and use beta features.
2 Limitations of Beta Features
Please take note of the following limitations regarding beta features:
- Beta features may be incomplete; future releases may include more functionality to complete the feature
- Beta features may change in future releases, depending on the feedback
- Even though we aim for backwards compatibility, Mendix can not guarantee backwards compatibility between monthly releases for beta features.
- Beta features are not covered by any SLA
- We value feedback, including tickets describing problems with beta features, but these tickets will not be handled according to your SLA
- We cannot guarantee timely fixes for any problems you encounter with beta features
- Beta features should not be used for production applications
- We do not offer production support on beta features
- Beta features may contain bugs, which could potentially lead to data corruption
3 Testing Beta Features
If you would like to test a beta feature, consider the following:
- Contact the responsible Mendix Product Manager (PM), who can assist you in your test project
- The PM can help you identify if your use case is a good fit for the particular beta feature
- Your Customer Success Manager (CSM) can introduce you
- Your CSM will also ensure the involvement of Mendix Expert Services if required in order to aid you in your test project and provide you with the required knowledge to successfully make use of the beta feature
- Feedback on the quality of the beta feature will be evaluated by the PM
- When there is a strong desire to take a beta feature into production, please contact your CSM to see if special arrangements are possible