These release notes cover changes made to the Mendix Data Hub.
February 19th, 2021
- Two new endpoints have been added to the Data Hub API for registering published and consumed endpoints separately.
January 28th, 2021
- You can now copy the dataset URI from the data source details in the Data Hub Catalog. This makes it easier to directly select datasets to use in other business applications from the context of the data source.
January 21st, 2021
- Custom icons can now be used for applications and data sources. Curators and owners can upload their own icons or select from the Data Hub icon library.
- Improvements have been made to security.
January 14th, 2021
- You can download the OData service contract for a registered data source from the asset details in the Data Hub Catalog. The set of files that make up the contract will be downloaded as a .zip file.
- Further improvements have been made to security in Data Hub.
- All screens in Data Hub are now responsive.
January 7th, 2021
- The asset details in the Data Hub Catalog now have added functionality to copy the URI of the data source or dataset to the clipboard. This functionality means that the Data Hub Catalog can be used to discover registered assets—data sources and datasets—and access the data in other enterprise applications through the metadata URI.
- There have been several improvements in the Data Hub user interface.
December 24th, 2020
The search details in the Data Hub Catalog now display the exposed Datasets (the entity set names of an entity) in place of the entity names. This means that for published services of Mendix apps, the name shown as the Dataset will be the Mendix Exposed Entity set name.
In the Data Hub API, the Search API (
GETdata) returns items that specify the entity sets instead of entity types. The response structure has been expanded by adding the fields
- Contract validation has been improved when manually registering Odata v4 contracts or when using the
PUTservices API call for OData v4 services.
December 17th, 2020
- The Data Hub API is available to enable searching of data sources in the Data Hub Catalog. The API can be used to register data sources from your application to your organization’s Data Hub.
December 10th, 2020
- This release contains several security improvements.
November 26th, 2020
- The Service Metadata panel on the right side of the the Data Hub Catalog search details page has been reorganized to improve the grouping of the information.
- You can now sign-out from the Mendix Platform from the Mendix top bar when you click on the account avatar.
November 19th, 2020
- We have added new functionality for adding Business and Technical Owner contact details when curating the Application Details of a registered asset. Curators and owners can select owners from a drop-down list or create a new owner and add their contact details.
- We have added a new tab to the Data Hub Administration page: Owner Management which provides an overview of the custom Business and Technical owners in the Data Hub Catalog. From this release, the Data Hub Administrator and curators can now add, edit, and remove custom owners from this list.
- We improved the screen layout of the Data Hub screen for different screens.
- We made several styling improvements and removed the empty last tab on the asset details page.
- The Validated label will now be correctly updated in the search results pane for the selected asset when it is changed by curators and the owners of the asset.
- We fixed an issue on the Curation List where clicking on the Added column title (to change the sort order) resulted in an error.
November 5th, 2020
- In the Data Hub Catalog search pane, we now show the number of filters that are active for the current search at the filter icon.
October 29th, 2020
- In Landscape nodes are now static and cannot be dragged around the display. To see other parts of of the selected assets network, you can pan and zoom using the mouse.
- In Data Hub Catalog by default, the search filter is set to show results in the Production environment only. To include hits in Non-production or Sandbox environments you have to check these boxes in the Add Filters dialog box.
- The entity details screen now displays the number of connections to the individual entity. The service details continue to show the total number of connections to the service.
October 8th, 2020
The Data Hub home tab is now called Data Hub.
From the Data Hub screen, you can now navigate to the Mendix Academy learning path for Data Hub where you can learn how to easily share data to build apps in Studio Pro.
October 1st, 2020
Using data from other applications used to be a complex activity requiring an in-depth understanding of building integrations.
No more! We are very proud to announce that Mendix Data Hub is now generally available. Finding, understanding, and using data from other applications and services has never been this easy.
Every organization has valuable data in different applications. With Mendix Data Hub, you can use the data from different sources in your app without having to deal with complex integrations. All you need to do is just search for the data, add it to your domain model, and use it.
Want to know how it can help you? Check out the launch blog post: Data Hub: The Low-Code Approach to Data Integration.
For even more information, please consult the Data Hub Guide.