These release notes cover changes made to the Mendix Data Hub.
October 14th, 2021
- We made several design changes, mainly on the Catalog page. We moved items like Environment Name and Version to the newly arranged right sidebar menu.
- We moved the
ContractTypefield to the
ServiceVersionlevel. For more information, see How to Register OData Resources in the Data Hub Catalog.
- We added an informative tooltip to the Company drop-down menu and a pop-up window for when the user is an external user for another company.
- We added in-app guidance to notify that you can switch the company when you have accepted a participation invitaion.
- We removed byte order mark (BOM) from the uploaded contract XMLs.
- A consumed entity in Studio Pro now works after upgrading from OData v3 to OData v4.
October 7th, 2021
- We upgraded the Data Hub Catalog search engine to OpenSearch 1.0.
- We fixed an issue that caused older Studio Pro versions to not be able to connect to the Data Hub Catalog.
September 30th, 2021
- We fixed an issue where searching in the Data Hub pane in Studio Pro caused an error.
September 23rd, 2021
Data Hub Free Edition
- The Data Hub Free edition is now available to all Mendix users! Publish your data sources in the Data Hub Catalog, curate them, and then consume them in another application. Learn more about it here.
- We fixed an issue where the Curate button appeared in the navigation for users who were not able to curate any content.
- We removed duplicate endpoints that had been created due to an issue fixed in the September 9th release.
September 16th, 2021
- API responses are now sanitized and will no longer have a chance of containing executable code.
- We fixed an issue with pagination for Applications and Environments in the API.
- We fixed styling issues.
September 9th, 2021
- We fixed an issue where updating a service version created a new endpoint instead of updating the existing one.
- We fixed an issue that caused pagination URLs to be returned as http links rather than https.
- We fixed an issue where clicking Control Center in the top bar of the Data Hub administration page navigated to the Data Hub home page. Now, it navigates to Control Center.
September 2nd, 2021
- We removed the
EndpointsJSON structure of the Register API. The creation of endpoints as
Publicvia the API is no longer allowed due to security reasons.
August 26th, 2021
- The following API
GETcapabilities were added:
GETa specific consumed endpoint
GETall environments for an application
GETall consumed endpoints
- A change was made to the
POSTapplication API call to also allow for the
- We added Data Hub Catalog integration with Control Center. For details, see Data Hub Administration.
August 19th, 2021
- We fixed inconsistencies in contract and security scheme between an endpoint API spec and implementation.
- We fixed an issue where the Mendix Admin did not see external users after adding them.
- We fixed styling issues on the Administration page.
August 12th, 2021
- We added the following write capabilities:
- Parsing updatable, insertable, and deletable capabilities from annotations is now available in OData v4 contracts
- Write capabilities are returned on the Data Hub Search API
- Write capabilities are displayed on the Data Hub UI
- We made improvements to Data Hub security.
August 5th, 2021
- We made various security and UI fixes.
July 29th, 2021
- The Mendix connector on the Data Hub Home page now also supports OData v4.
July 22nd, 2021
- Administration pages no longer time out for Data Hub Admins.
July 1st, 2021
- We updated the example in the Data Hub APIs for
PUTpublished endpoints to match the behavior.
June 24th, 2021
- New Registration API endpoints now allow you to do the following:
GETall published endpoints
PUTone individual published endpoint
June 10th, 2021
- In the search input boxes on the Search result listings and Data Hub Home page, the magnifying glass now appears on the right side.
- In the Search result listings, the filters have been restyled.
- All cancel and discard buttons now have matching styles for improved usability.
June 3rd, 2021
- All Data Hub APIs are now available at https://datahub-spec.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/index.html. The original Data Hub API is now split into 2 APIs for search and registration operations and include the following changes:
May 27th, 2021
- A new connector has been added to the Data Hub Home for registering Siemens Opcenter data sources.
- Mindsphere applications are now indicated with the display of the Mindsphere logo for all associated assets in the Catalog.
- In the Search result listings, the service version number is no longer next to the data source name, it is now displayed below it.
May 12th, 2021
- Datasets in the search results list that are validated are now clearly indicated as such.
- Custom owners can be added for an application when registering data sources using the business application connectors from the Data Hub Home.
- Further styling changes have been made to improve usability.
May 6th, 2021
The Data Hub Transform API is available for Mendix users deploying their apps to non-Mendix environments. The Transform API extracts the information from the the app’s
dependencies.json file to generate the request bodies that are required when using the Data Hub API. For further information see Data Hub Transform API.
April 29th, 2021
- Improvements have been made to the styling of the Data Hub Home.
April 22nd, 2021
- Search result listings in Data Hub Catalog have been improved. Data sources and datasets that are set as Validated will appear above assets that are not validated.
April 1st, 2021
- Registration of data sources using the business application connectors from the Data Hub Home is improved. For each connector, users can register data sources by selecting from a list of apps and environments already registered in the Catalog for the business application. When none are registered, the “Create New…” option will be presented.
March 18th, 2021
- A Mendix connector has been added to the business applications on the Data Hub Home to enable users to manually register Mendix OData v3 contracts.
- Data sources that are validated are now clearly indicated in the search results list and for the selected asset details with a validated shield icon. The validation status of the data source is now displayed in the metadata panel.
- The discoverability of a data source is displayed in the search results pane, the asset details screen and the the metadata panel.
March 11th, 2021
- Improvements have been made on the discoverability of registered assets.
- The functionality for registering data sources from enterprise applications is now responsive.
March 4th, 2021
- Data sources from different enterprise business applications can now be registered more easily in Data Hub using the new Registration functionality. This will enable users to use those datasets when developing apps without having to worry about connectivity to the application. This functionality replaces the previous manual registration form.
February 19th, 2021
- Two new endpoints have been added to the Data Hub API for registering published and consumed endpoints separately.
January 28th, 2021
- You can now copy the dataset URI from the data source details in the Data Hub Catalog. This makes it easier to directly select datasets to use in other business applications from the context of the data source.
January 21st, 2021
- Custom icons can now be used for applications and data sources. Curators and owners can upload their own icons or select from the Data Hub icon library.
- Improvements have been made to security.
January 14th, 2021
- You can download the OData service contract for a registered data source from the asset details in the Data Hub Catalog. The set of files that make up the contract will be downloaded as a .zip file.
- Further improvements have been made to security in Data Hub.
- All screens in Data Hub are now responsive.
January 7th, 2021
- The asset details in the Data Hub Catalog now have added functionality to copy the URI of the data source or dataset to the clipboard. This functionality means that the Data Hub Catalog can be used to discover registered assets—data sources and datasets—and access the data in other enterprise applications through the metadata URI.
- There have been several improvements in the Data Hub user interface.
December 24th, 2020
- The search details in the Data Hub Catalog now display the exposed Datasets (the entity set names of an entity) in place of the entity names. This means that for published services of Mendix apps, the name shown as the Dataset will be the Mendix Exposed Entity set name.
- In the Data Hub API, the Search API (
GETdata) returns items that specify the entity sets instead of entity types. The response structure has been expanded by adding the fields
- Contract validation has been improved when manually registering Odata v4 contracts or when using the
PUTservices API call for OData v4 services.
December 17th, 2020
- The Data Hub API is available to enable searching of data sources in the Data Hub Catalog. The API can be used to register data sources from your application to your organization’s Data Hub.
December 10th, 2020
- This release contains several security improvements.
November 26th, 2020
- The Service Metadata panel on the right side of the the Data Hub Catalog search details page has been reorganized to improve the grouping of the information.
- You can now sign-out from the Mendix Platform from the Mendix top bar when you click on the account avatar.
November 19th, 2020
- We have added new functionality for adding Business and Technical Owner contact details when curating the Application Details of a registered asset. Curators and owners can select owners from a drop-down list or create a new owner and add their contact details.
- We have added a new tab to the Data Hub Administration page: Owner Management which provides an overview of the custom Business and Technical owners in the Data Hub Catalog. From this release, the Data Hub Administrator and curators can now add, edit, and remove custom owners from this list.
- We improved the screen layout of the Data Hub screen for different screens.
- We made several styling improvements and removed the empty last tab on the asset details page.
- The Validated label will now be correctly updated in the search results pane for the selected asset when it is changed by curators and the owners of the asset.
- We fixed an issue on the Curation List where clicking on the Added column title (to change the sort order) resulted in an error.
November 5th, 2020
- In the Data Hub Catalog search pane, we now show the number of filters that are active for the current search at the filter icon.
October 29th, 2020
- In Landscape nodes are now static and cannot be dragged around the display. To see other parts of of the selected assets network, you can pan and zoom using the mouse.
- In Data Hub Catalog by default, the search filter is set to show results in the Production environment only. To include hits in Non-production or Sandbox environments you have to check these boxes in the Add Filters dialog box.
- The entity details screen now displays the number of connections to the individual entity. The service details continue to show the total number of connections to the service.
October 8th, 2020
- The Data Hub home tab is now called Data Hub.
- From the Data Hub screen, you can now navigate to the Mendix Academy learning path for Data Hub where you can learn how to easily share data to build apps in Studio Pro.
October 1st, 2020
Using data from other applications used to be a complex activity requiring an in-depth understanding of building integrations.
No more! We are very proud to announce that Mendix Data Hub is now generally available. Finding, understanding, and using data from other applications and services has never been this easy.
Every organization has valuable data in different applications. With Mendix Data Hub, you can use the data from different sources in your app without having to deal with complex integrations. All you need to do is just search for the data, add it to your domain model, and use it.
Want to know how it can help you? Check out the launch blog post: Data Hub: The Low-Code Approach to Data Integration.
For even more information, please consult the Data Hub Guide.