These are the Mendix Studio release notes for app projects built with Studio Pro version 8.7 and above. The release notes include all minor versions, patches, and known issues.
For Studio release notes correlated with the Studio Pro version 8.0–8.6, see 8.0–8.6.
For more information on the correlation between Mendix Studio and Desktop Modeler/Mendix Studio Pro versions, see Studio Ranges & Mendix Versions.
For updates on the operational status of Studio as well as deployment features and other Mendix services, see Mendix Status.
September 22nd, 2020
- To speed up the process of app creation and to assist you more in this process, Mendix Studio checks your app for consistency in real-time now. This means you no longer have to first try to preview or publish your app to see if any check fails. You can see failed checks right away now, for example, if any necessary properties of a widget is missing. For more information, see Checks.
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.13.1.
September 15th, 2020
You can now choose the position of labels of input elements placed inside a data view. We added a new property to the data view that is called Form Orientation – it allows you to choose whether labels of input elements inside a data view will have horizontal or vertical orientation, which gives you more flexibility when designing your app:
For more information, see the General Section in Data View & List View.
September 1st, 2020
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.13.
To improve your user experience and speed up the process of creating an app, we made it possible to convert the type of similar input widgets in one click (you can change a Text Box to a Text Area and vice versa, and change Radio Buttons to a Check Box or a Drop-Down and vice versa):
August 18th, 2020
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.12.
When configuring an attribute widget (such as, a drop-down, text box, radio buttons), you can now select any surrounding data view as its data source. For example, if you have one data view nested inside another and you place a text box inside these data views, you can choose which data view entity to use as the data source for the text box:
- We fixed an issue where Java compilation errors were not shown in the Checks panel.
July 14th, 2020
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.11.
July 2nd, 2020
- To improve your user experience when creating pages, we added opportunity to use snippets. Snippets define reusable page elements and are created in Studio Pro. Using snippets can speed up the process of app creation, as the Studio Pro user needs to make changes in one place only. For more information, see the Snippet Overview section in Structure.
June 3rd, 2020
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.10.
May 18th, 2020
- We fixed an issue where users could not see and select associations in the Select Entity dialog box.
May 6th, 2020
- We added support for Studio Pro 8.9.
- We now keep highlighting widgets which have consistency errors (the red border) or conditional visibility property set (the green border) when you edit an element inline.
- We fixed a bug in microflows where if you were in read-only mode, and your team member had edited something in microflows, your app crashed after you took over.
April 14th, 2020
To give you more flexibility when creating pages, we added Conditional Visibility to widget properties. It allows you to show a widget only when certain conditions are met. For example, you have a web shop and you do not want to bother users with filling in the same address twice when the delivery address matches the billing address. In this case, you can make billing address fields visible to users only when they check the option that delivery and billing addresses do not match.
You can also highlight which widgets have conditional visibility set by clicking the eye icon of the Show option in the top-left corner of pages:
You have more flexibility when configuring input elements and file and image widgets on pages now! You can set Conditional Editability that allows you to make a widget editable only if specified conditions are met based on an attribute value. For example, you would like to make the City field editable only when users fill the Country field in, because you can deliver your products to a limited number of countries. For more information, see the Editability section in Input Elements and the Editability section in Images & Files.
- We fixed an issue where enabling security in Studio, resulted in not being able to log in to the app for Studio Pro users if they previewed the app locally.
March 31st, 2020
We improved the service that makes it possible to manage your app users. As of April 1st, 2020 we are replacing the current service with an improved one. You might be notified that an auto-upgrade of the security settings of your app is required before you can publish your app:
If you do not auto-upgrade this service, your app will still be secured and running, but you will not be able to publish a newer version of your app. For more information, see the Auto-Upgrade to the New Service section in Security, Roles & Permissions.
You can resolve consistency checks faster and easier! All elements, such as widgets or microflow elements, that require your attention are now marked with a clear indicator:
March 16th, 2020
To speed up the process of creating pages, we added an opportunity to clear the selected attribute. Simply click the Clear button:
- We fixed an issue, where errors were not shown when you configured an enumeration, but you could not proceed because of these errors.
March 9th, 2020
- We fixed a bug when a spinner was not displayed while securing an app before publishing it.
- We fixed an issue where you could not manage users if your app had the AppCloudServices module instead of the Mendix SSO module.
March 2nd, 2020
It is now possible to copy and paste enumerations between Studio apps, which will allow you to build apps faster. You can also duplicate enumerations:
We added support for Studio Pro 8.7.
- We fixed an issue in Studio Buzz where the Create Feedback Item button was not working.
- We fixed an issue where it was not possible to add a new page or microflow in app templates.