These are the Web Modeler release notes for app projects built with Desktop Modeler version 7.15 and above. The release notes include all minor versions, patches, and known issues.
For more information on the Web Modeler version and Mendix Desktop Modeler version correlation, see Web Modeler Version & Mendix Version Correlation.
For Web Modeler release notes correlated with Desktop Modeler versions 7.11–7.14, see 7.11–7.14.
September 14th, 2018
- We removed the Feedback option from the sidebar in the user interface, because users got confused with the Mendix Feedback Widget that is part of an app. Of course, you are still welcome to provide feedback about your experience while using the Web Modeler. You can do so in three ways:
- We added links to Mendix Support (Contact Mendix Support) and Mendix Community (Ask the Community) in the information menu at the top-right of the Web Modeler.
- We fixed a broken URL for the how-to that describes syncing the Web Modeler with the Desktop Modeler. This link is located in the pop-up window that appears after selecting Edit in Desktop Modeler via the information menu at the top-right of the screen.
- We fixed an issue in the microflow editor where the Web Modeler crashed while opening the Condition dialog box for an exclusive split activity based on an enumeration.
September 7th, 2018
- You can switch between list view templates in the Web Modeler, if you have configured them in the Desktop Modeler and then synchronized your project with the Web Modeler. This will improve collaboration between two modelers.
- We fixed an issue where if you had a project built with Desktop Modeler versions 7.11-7.14 (including all minor versions, patches, and known issues), and you tried to upgrade the project in the Web Modeler, the upgrade would fail. Now if you click the Upgrade button in the Web Modeler, your project will be updated to the latest current version.
- We fixed an issue in the microflow editor where the Mendix Assist information dialog window was open and you hit Delete on your keyboard, the Delete microflow confirmation dialog window was not visible.
September 4th, 2018
- We temporarily removed support for the Desktop Modeler 7.18 because of a known issue with consistency error checking. In some cases, consistency errors remain shown in the Checks pane, even though they have been fixed (Ticket 68234). Because of this, users are not able to publish apps in Mendix version 7.18 from the Web Modeler. As a temporary solution we have made sure all apps on the Create New App page are of Mendix version 7.17.2. Web Modeler users with apps of Mendix version 7.18 are advised either to create a new starter app, or to wait for the 7.18.1 patch release and upgrade your app to continue building and publishing the app.
August 31st, 2018
- We added support for Desktop Modeler 7.18.
- In the page editor, it is now possible to add attributes in the Label text in properties of input widgets. Labels change dynamically depending on a value of an attribute. This will improve user experience.
- We fixed an issue where you deleted a layout in the Desktop Modeler, synced a project with the Web Modeler, and the Web Modeler crashed because of the missing layout. You will see an informative error message now.
- We fixed an issue in the microflow editor where the Change Variable activity suggested you changing a parameter, which should not be possible.
August 24th, 2018
- In microflows, you can now edit captions of activities in-line, while previously they could be changed only in properties of an activity. Simply double-click the caption of the activity and change it. This improvement will make the process of creating microflows easier and faster.
- To avoid confusion between Select (for example, a page or a microflow) dialog windows and Create dialog windows in the page editor, we added a link to create a new page in the placeholder that is displayed when there are no search results. Additionally, the text from the search bar is used to pre-fill the Name field if the Create new link is clicked.
- We fixed an issue where the page editor in the Web Modeler did not take the alignment property of scroll container widgets (configured in the Desktop Modeler) into account, and the scroll container was always aligned to the right.
August 17th, 2018
- We added support for Desktop Modeler 7.17.2.
- To improve your experience and make the process of creating pages faster and easier, we added the Delete Object button to Widgets in the page editor Toolbox. Previously, users needed to configure a microflow first and then use that microflow for buttons to delete objects from a page. Now you can simply drag and drop the Delete Object button to your page. When placed on a data view, the Delete Object button will delete the connected object. When placed in a list view, the object of the containing list view item will be deleted.
- To improve usability of the page editor, we added ability to switch between Static Image and Dynamic Image widgets in the Properties. Simply add an image widget to your page, open its properties and change the Image Source (Static Image or Dynamic Image) when needed.
- You can now switch the Create Object button in the page editor to become a different button or set it do nothing. Previously when you placed the button on the page and wanted to configure it later, the system would return consistency errors. Now you can set it do nothing like any other button. This improvement makes the process of creating pages faster and easier.
August 2nd, 2018
- We added support for Desktop Modeler 7.17.
- To make the process of adding new attributes to your domain model easier, we added a hint showing the list of attribute types and their description when you create a new attribute. Now you can quickly choose what type of attribute you need to create: hover over the eye icon in the Create New Attribute dialog window to view the hint.
- To make the microflow editor more user-friendly, we added a hint on what type of attributes you can use when you add Aggregate List activity to your microflow. Click the information icon in Properties to view the hint.
- We fixed an issue where in some cases an Annotation element was sticking to the mouse cursor in the microflow editor.
July 20th, 2018
- Documentation for the Web Modeler is now available. We added the Web Modeler category to the Mendix Reference Guide to improve your understanding of the Web Modeler. You can now read about the main features, concepts, and definitions, as well as learn how to perform different actions.
- We fixed an issue where the Carousel custom widget crashed the Web Modeler when you configured the Static Images property.
July 16th, 2018
- To give you a better preview of the pages, we now display pages with a pop-up window that renders when you use the pop-up layout.
- To improve user experience, we now display the real rendering of drop-down buttons in the page editor.
- When you add several tabs on a page in the Desktop Modeler, you can now switch between them in the Web Modeler and view their contents. This improves collaboration between developers in the Web Modeler and Desktop Modeler.
- We fixed an issue where the Web Modeler crashed when your app had list view templates.
- We fixed an issue where you could not select inherited attributes when initializing or setting values for microflow activities.
July 5th, 2018
- We added support for Desktop Modeler 7.16. The Web Modeler supports ranges for the Mendix Desktop Modeler. This gives you choice in whether to update the Web Modeler right away, or postpone the update. For more information on the topic, see Web Modeler Versions & Mendix Versions Correlation.
- We introduced a brand new expressions functionality in the microflow editor. You can now write a custom expression when configuring microflow activities. This enhances the cases that you can configure in the microflows and makes microflows far more powerful and flexible. Configure a condition in an Exclusive Split activity, initialize values for Create Object and Create Variable activities, set values for Change Object and Change Variable activities, set a return value for the End Event.
- We added the Aggregate List activity to the microflow editor. You can use this activity to calculate aggregated values such as the maximum, minimum, sum, average and total amount of values in a list of objects.
- We fixed an issue where it was impossible to deploy an app or open a project in the Desktop Modeler after Auto Arrange in the domain model editor was used.