The Events section is a section in the Properties tab that is common for different widgets in the Web Modeler, for example, for a static image, buttons, list view, and data view.
In the Events section, you can set the On Click Action for widgets and specify what action will be performed when users click the widget. For example, you can specify that when a user clicks a profile image, the page with the user’s personal account will open.
2 On Click Action
You can find the description of possible on click actions below:
- Nothing – no action is taken when the user clicks a widget
- Page – the specified page is opened
- Create Object – creates a new object and passed it to the selected page (disabled by default). For more information, see section 2.1 Create Object Option
- Microflow – the selected microflow is executed
- More – contains the following type of actions:
- Save Changes – saves (commits) all changes made on the page
- Cancel Changes – rolls back all changes made on the page
- Close Page – closes the pop-up window (for pop-up pages) or navigates to the previously visited page
- Sign Out – the current user is signed out of the app
- Open Link – triggers an action based on the link type (for more information, see section 2.2 Open Link Action
- Delete Object – deletes an object (for more information, see section 2.3 Delete Object Action)
The list of available on click actions may differ depending on the widget. For example, Delete Object on-click action is unavailable for the list view.
2.1 Create Object Option
When you set the On Click Action to Open Page, you can enable the Create Object option. You need to pass an object if the selected page expects a context.
Let us study an example: you want to create a new customer by clicking the New button. This button will open a page where you can fill in a new customer’s details and save them. However, the Customer Details page needs to get data first, in other words, it expects the object Customer to be passed to it.
Thus, when setting the on-click action of the New button to Page, you need to enable the Create Object option and select the Customer entity.
If you enable Create Object option, you need to set the following:
- Page – specifies which page should be shown with the new created object. The page should contain a data view that expects this object.
- Entity – specifies the object of which entity will be created and passed to the selected page as a context.
2.2 Open Link Action
When you set the On Click Action to Open Link, several properties are available.
See the description in the table below:
|Link Type||Possible values for Link Type are the following:
|Source||Possible values for Source are the following:
When you configure Email, Phone Call or Message options, the corresponding default app will be opened on the device when the action is triggered, for example, the default email client will be opened to compose a message.
2.3 Delete Object Action
2.3.1 Delete Object Action in a List View
If you place the Delete Object in a list view, the corresponding list view item will be deleted, when a user clicks a button.
For example, you have a page with a list view showing customer names. A Delete button is placed inside the list next to each name. Thus, if you click Delete in a line that says “Peter”, this customer and all customer’s details will be deleted.
2.3.2 Delete Object Action in a Data View
When placed on a data view, Delete Object will delete the connected object. For example, you opened a page with customer’s details. The details are placed in a data view. You have Save and Delete buttons at the bottom of the page. When you press Delete, the customer “John” and customer’s details will be deleted and the page will be closed.