The top-bar of Studio Pro contains the following menus:
- Switch-to – allows you to navigate to other parts of the platform
- File – allows you to manage documents and apps
- Edit – allows you to perform editing functions such as search or copy within Studio Pro
- View – allows you to choose how Studio Pro and dockable panes within Studio Pro are displayed
- App – contains app-wide settings
- Run – contains actions for deploying and monitoring your app
- Version Control – contains setting for version control
- Language – contains language and translation settings
- Help – allows you to view documentation, the Mendix Forum, open log file directory, or view information on the current information of Studio Pro
2 Switch-to Menu
The Switch-to menu is located at the top-left of Studio Pro and is represented as a nine dots icon. It contains links to various parts of the platform that will open in a new browser window. For more information on the Switch-to menu, see the Navigation section in the Developer Portal Guide.
3 File Menu
Via the File menu you can manage documents and apps. For more information on the File menu, see File Menu.
4 Edit Menu
5 View Menu
The View menu allows you to view dockable panes, to enable the full screen mode, and reset the projappect layout. For more information on the View menu and its items, see View Menu.
6 App Menu
In the App menu, you can view and/or manipulate settings that are connected to your app and deployment. For more information on the App menu, see App Menu.
7 Run Menu
The Run menu contains actions for deploying and monitoring your app, such as Publish, Run locally, or Debugger. For more information on the Run menu, see Run Menu.
8 Version Control Menu
In the Version Control menu, you can view and/or manipulate settings on the version control. For more information on the Version Control menu, see Version Control Menu.
9 Language Menu
In the Language menu, you can add alternative languages to your app so that end-users can see the app in their preferred language. You can also make batch changes to identical texts, even if you are only working in one language. For more information on the Language menu, see Language Menu.
10 Help Menu
|Menu Item||Description||Shortcut Key|
|Help||Opens the documentation page about the currently selected element. If an entity is selected, for example, the documentation for entities will be shown.||F1|
|Help Contents||Opens the start page of the documentation in the default web browser.|
|Ask a Question||Opens the Mendix Forum in the default web browser.|
|Open Log File Directory||Opens the log files for your app locally.|
|About Mendix Studio Pro||Shows information about the current version of Mendix Studio Pro.|