These release notes cover changes to the app management functionality and other features of the Mendix Developer Portal.
For release notes on Mendix Cloud and deployment options, see Deployment.
To see the current status of the Mendix Developer Portal and Control Center, see Mendix Status. Here you can also see planned maintenance and past incidents.
December 2nd, 2021
- We fixed an error where it was not possible to edit a comment under a Feedback item. (Tickets 134179, 136172)
November 18th, 2021
- The arrival of Git support means that a new version of the Platform SDK is in order. We made some changes to the Developer Portal to accommodate this new version, which is currently being tested and will be published soon.
- We introduced a new version of the Feedback API that will be used by a new generation of Feedback widgets coming to the Marketplace soon.
- Until now, you were not able to delete or deactivate an app if it was still deployed to an environment, regardless of whether it was a licensed environment or a sandbox for a Free App. We changed this behavior so that the only check is on whether the environment is licensed. A consequence of this change is that the cloud icon on the app tiles on the My Apps page is only displayed if your app is deployed to a licensed node.
November 4th, 2021
- We redesigned the Stories archive page to allow you to more easily search through completed stories by ID, name, description, or Sprint.
November 1st, 2021
Update of *.mendixcloud.com SSL/TLS certificate
- We have renewed the SSL/TLS certificate for
\*.mendixcloud.com. Browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer automatically trust the new certificate. In that case, there is nothing you have to do. If you run services that connect to a
\*.mendixcloud.comendpoint and use a static or outdated trust store, we advise you to update their certificates. The new SSL/TLS certificate can be downloaded here. This can be done from today, you do not have to wait for the old certificate to expire.
- Current certificate details:
- Issuer: C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, OU = www.digicert.com, CN = RapidSSL TLS RSA CA G1
- Validity: Sep 12 00:00:00 2019 GMT - Nov 10 12:00:00 2021 GMT
- SHA-256 Fingerprint:
- SHA-1 Fingerprint:
- New certificate details:
- Issuer: C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = Sectigo Limited, CN = Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
- Validity: Oct 29 00:00:00 2021 GMT - Oct 29 23:59:59 2022 GMT
- SHA-256 Fingerprint:
- SHA-1 Fingerprint:
- SHA-1 Fingerprint:
- Current certificate details:
October 21st, 2021
- The app Team overview now shows deactivated users. These users can no longer sign in to the Mendix Platform or contribute to the app, and they were until now hidden from view. By showing deactivated users, app administrators have the opportunity to remove them from the app team.
- During our continuous monitoring, we noticed that creating an app during peak hours caused performance issues and sometimes resulted in timeouts. We mitigated these problems by restructuring the app creation process.
- We fixed an issue accidentally introduced in the October 14th release where you were no longer able to post comments on a feedback item’s details page. (Tickets 132892, 132959, 132983, 133075)
October 14th, 2021
- We noticed our API Keys overview was not telling the exact truth and made some changes accordingly. Because API keys are cached by our user-provisioning system, when you revoke an API key, it takes a certain amount of time before this is reflected across the platform. A new confirmation message warns you of this.
- We added a Team Server revision history overview page for your Git-enabled apps. This allows you to have an overview of the last 40 commits made in your app. You can filter the overview per branch. When a revision is linked to a user story, the Team Server page can bring you to the story details page.
- We fixed an issue where you could not see the story details if one of the tasks had a title that was longer than 200 characters.
September 23rd, 2021
- We simplified the drag-and-drop behavior on the Stories Overview page (for both the new and old UI) to make it more stable.
- We added support for adding labels to stories on the Stories Overview page.
- It is now possible to add labels and tasks as well as assign a team member when you create a story.
- Thanks to a lot of feedback from the community, we have improved the new stories functionality to the point where we feel comfortable removing the old UI. Because of this, we will be deprecating the old UI on December 31st, 2021.
- We improved the look and feel of the story details page, and we removed support for the old version of this page.
- We made further preparations for the support of Git-enabled apps.
- We finished a year-long project where we modernized the way the Developer Portal communicates internally. This meant we removed a long-running internal platform app, which had a great run, but now it is time to say goodbye. This app has been replaced with business events based on Kafka.
- We fixed an issue where an error was shown when a Sprint was created from the Stories page.
September 13th, 2021
- Your Mendix Profile got a visual update.
- We removed the possibility to add a GitHub account to your profile.
September 6th, 2021
- Mendix Admins can now configure their own single sign-on configuration from the Security tab of Control Center.
September 2nd, 2021
- We removed the Burndown Chart and the Release Plan from Stories. We are working on reintroducing solutions for project analytics and release planning in the future.
- We implemented context deep links to all main app pages on the Developer Portal so you can easily share references.
- We increased the performance of opening the My Apps page
- We fixed a bug where the pop-up window with pending invitations was shown twice.
- We also fixed a layout bug on the invitation pop-up window that we accidentally introduced during the last release.
August 26th, 2021
- We added a new menu item for Mendix Admins to access Data Hub tasks in Control Center. For details, see Data Hub Administration.
August 19th, 2021
- We implemented the first batch of endpoints for mobile, in preparation for something cool coming your way.
- We improved the way the Developer Portal shares data across its several components.
- We made small improvements to the look and feel of the Developer Portal.
- We fixed an issue with the app’s Team page where Mendix Admins could not add or remove team members.
July 27th, 2021
- We improved the External Members overview on the Control Center Dashboard so that a list of external members from a specific company appears when you click a part of the pie chart.
July 14th, 2021
- We updated the look and feel of the Documents page.
June 30th, 2021
- You can now assign team members to a user story.
- We moved the old version of the Stories UI. You can now access it via the More button on the Stories page.
- We removed the Team read-only overview page and send you straight to the Manage Team page.
- We moved the API Keys page to the General Settings page.
- We implemented a new responsive search panel.
- We will remove the Burndown Chart and Release Plan tabs from the Developer Portal on August 31st, 2021.
June 15th, 2021
- Git is coming: we have prepared the Developer Portal for the handling of Git-supported apps.
- We added a button to the Stories overview that allows you to create a new label.
- We made some minor changes to the look and feel across the Developer Portal.
- We fixed a broken link to the documentation on the Team Server page.
June 1st, 2021
- We added a tab on the Cloud page in Control Center that displays details on Free Environments.
- We are deprecating part of the options to create an app based on an app template. As of June 20th, 2021, you can no longer create apps through the Projects API or the Developer Portal using app templates created in Desktop Modeler version 7.23.14 or below. Please update your templates to 7.23.15 or above before creating apps based on those templates.
May 17th, 2021
- We made some minor changes to the look and feel over several pages, buttons, and UI components in line with the recent redeisgn of Mendix Developer Portal.
- We fixed an issue where you could not always see the avatars of other users in the same app.
- We fixed an issue where there were styling glitches visible when adding a description to a newly created story.
- We fixed an issue where Mendix Support was not always able to adjust app permissions on behalf of customers.
May 7th, 2021
- It is now possible to create a new app with the workflows functionality more deeply integrated in the creation flow.
- We fixed an issue where some graphs in the Contral Center Dashboard were loading indefinitely.
- We fixed the page title of the Mendix Studio landing page.
- Page links now open in the correct tab.
April 26th, 2021
- We released the Control Center Dashboard, which provides an overview of various activities for your company on the Mendix Platform. This feature is currently in Beta, and you can provide feedback via the feedback button on the right of the page.
March 30th, 2021
- We have released our new platform navigation solution with these main features:
- The Switch to menu on the left side of the top bar provides access to different parts of the Mendix Platform.
- The top bar contains sub-navigation items (for example, Company Buzz).
- Clicking the + button on the right side of the top bar will create a new app from anywhere in the platform.
- Under your avatar on the right side of the top bar, there is an option to switch off the new navigation, which will be available for a limited amount of time.
- We improved the search experience and added a full page of search results that can be accessed by clicking View Search Results Page at the bottom of the search drop-down menu or by pressing Enter after typing a search query
- We changed the My Apps page and moved your favorite apps to the Pinned tab. This will become the default tab on this page, making it easy to quickly access the apps you care about the most.
- You asked and we listened: We added new label colors for labels in Stories. There are now 15 different colors to choose from, specifically selected with accessibility in mind.
- We made some big changes to the look and feel of our Developer Portal:
- We reshuffled the navigation items in the App Buzz to a more logical order, based on our research insights. Now, there are two main sections: Collaborate and Deploy.
- We updated the look of various navigation items (Feedback, Planning, Team Server, General) to our new design.
- We removed the grey background with white card content in all pages.
- We replaced the breadcrumbs in the top left corner of the project navigation with the app name and icon.
- We fixed an issue where sending feedback from Studio Pro resulted in an error. (Tickets 113634, 115031)
March 26th, 2021
- We made some small improvements to the App Templates page.
March 15th, 2021
- We fixed a bug where it was not possible to open a version 6 Desktop Modeler from the Developer Portal.
March 10th, 2021
- We fixed a bug where selecting an IBM or SAP template in the Create App flow did not direct you to the right page.
March 9th, 2021
- In Control Center, Mendix Admins can now edit the name and description of an App Access Group once it has been created.
- Mendix Admins can now deactivate Technical Contacts and the last Scrum Master in a team.
March 4th, 2021
- We made some minor changes to the look and feel over several pages, most notably the General Settings page.
- We removed the old Company Admin pages. But you are already using the Mendix Control Center as a Mendix Admin, right?
- We made some preparations for Git support.
- We improved the sharing of data across the Developer Portal so that it is more stable and secure.
- We fixed an issue where the Add image icon was missing when posting a comment on the Buzz. (Ticket 109481)
- We fixed an issue where creating API keys appeared in the audit trail. (Ticket 116182)
February 25th, 2021
- We optimized the App Templates page for a better experience. We also improved the search function on this page.
- There is now better performance for building your app after you select a template.
February 23rd, 2021
- We have updated the App Projects tab of Control Center, where you can now do the following:
- Open the Team page from the project details page in order to manage team members and add yourself to a team (if you are a Mendix Admin)
- Deactivate or delete an app or a team member
February 9th, 2021
- We improved the speed of the App Templates page. After you click Create App, the templates appear instantly now.
February 5th, 2021
- It is now possible to add or remove labels in the Story Details page.
- We added a link to your app’s environments in the app tile on My Apps.
- We fixed an issue where new Mendix Admins did not get access to environment nodes. (Ticket 114913)
February 4th, 2021
- We released the Mendix Control Center, which provides governance and control features for Mendix Admins (formerly known as Company Admins).
- We moved the existing Company Admin features in the Developer Portal to Control Center.
January 24th, 2021
- We removed support for the Country and Skype attributes in your Mendix Profile.
- You can no longer create new polls on the company or app Buzz page. Existing polls can still be answered.
- We fixed several minor issues with the My Apps page.
January 15th, 2021
- We redesigned the My Apps page.
- You will now see labels when you are editing a story using the new Stories UI. We will enable the editing of story labels and label colors in a future release.
- We fixed an issue where newly-added Company Admins did not get access to edit user groups in the Marketplace.
December 23rd, 2020
- We tweaked the styling of the Stories > Project History page.
- We made moving a story to another app more intuitive.
- We removed the Model page, which contained tips on how to get started creating your apps.
- We fixed an issue where replies to Buzz notifications were not properly processed into comments on your app Buzz page. (Ticket 111076)
December 2nd, 2020
- We changed the home page of the Developer Portal to My Apps.
November 4th, 2020
- We fixed a bug where a change of company name was not properly distributed along the platform.
- We fixed a bug where drop-down menus were cut off on the story details page.
October 9th, 2020
- We fixed an issue where team members were not displayed in the Team overview.
October 4th, 2020
- We redesigned the story details page and made it available for Public Beta usage. You can use the new design when the new story UI is enabled. Please note that it is currently not possible to add or manage labels with the new UI; this functionality will be released in the future.
- When you add a task to a commit of your app model, we now show the revision in the revision overview of the story details. Clicking the task will bring you to the story details page to which the task belongs.
- We simplified the Company Settings tab of the Company page by removing some barely used attributes.
- We fixed an issue where the default avatar of a team member who committed a revision was not properly displayed in the revision overview of the story details.
- We fixed an issue where a Company Admin was no longer able to open the General Settings of an app they for a team in which they were not a member.
- We repaired a dead link to the documentation on the App User Management page.
August 25th, 2020
- We reintroduced the read-only authorization for the user story overview.
- We fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, email notifications were not sent on story comment updates.
August 11th, 2020
- We made some small performance improvements.
- We placed a deprecation warning in a file hosted by the Developer Portal that is used in old versions of the Mendix Feedback widget. As of October 1st, 2020, we will end support for Mendix Feedback widget version 5 or below. Please always keep your Feedback widget up-to-date to ensure the best experience for your users.
- We fixed an issue where you could move a user story to a different Sprint without specifying the target Sprint.
July 28th, 2020
- We fixed an issue where email notifications on feedback items were not sent under certain circumstances.
July 13th, 2020
- We increased the performance on opening the buzz page.
- We changed the default avatar of a user profile from the Mendix logo to an industry standard user-icon.
- We fixed a bug where, under certain circumstances, the “View App” was disabled even though it should have been enabled.
June 28th, 2020
- We implemented the second increment in renaming the default End-user team role to Guest.
- We fixed an issue where it was possible to change the end date of a closed Sprint.
June 15th, 2020
- The new Stories UI has been improved with various sections. The old Stories UI will be made unavailable soon. We encourage you to turn your tasks that are still available in the old Stories UI into new stories before the old UI is inaccessible.
- We improved performance on story-related actions such as drag-and-drop and status changes on large apps with many deleted items.
- We renamed the default End-User team role to Guest to better distinguish team roles from app user roles.
- We removed the list appearance of the My Company’s Apps page.
- We fixed a bug where the background did not display properly on mobile browsers.
- We fixed a bug where changes to a story title or description were saved when clicking Cancel.
May 27th, 2020
- When you delete a story or task on the Stories page, it is now irreversibly removed from the system.
- We removed the ability to revert story-related changes in an app’s history.
- We removed the ability to delete several stories at once on the Stories page.
- We simplified story maintenance by preventing nested tasks.
- We removed the read-only permission on the stories board to bring the Developer Portal in line with industry standards.
- We made small improvements in the look and feel of the Developer Portal.
- We fixed a bug where the calendar icon on date/time input fields was not displayed properly.
- We fixed a bug where the star icon on your favorite apps was not displayed properly.
May 22nd, 2020
- The Stories template functionality has been replaced with the Clone functionality in the new UI option (Beta).
May 7th, 2020
- We added a new story action called Clone to the new Beta UI. For more information, see the New UI Option (Beta) section of Stories.
February 21st, 2020
- We fixed an issue where favorited apps still showed up in the favorites view on the My Apps page after being deleted.
- We made performance improvements to the My Apps page.
- We fixed an issue where the description field did not expand properly when creating a new story.
February 6th, 2020
- We implemented a new design for the Create App flow.
- When creating a new app, you can now search through templates for feature demos, academy training apps, and ready-made apps.
- After selecting an app template, you can now choose a nice icon for your app.
December 23rd, 2019
- We made minor improvements to the process of creating a new app.
- We fixed an issue where you were redirected to the Comments page from the Stories page.
December 18th, 2019
- We made some minor improvements to the style of the Stories Beta version. This release fixes issues regarding batch actions.
December 13th, 2019
- We redesigned the Stories page with a brand new UI and improved stability. The new UI can be accessed by clicking Enable new UI. This is a Beta version.
December 5th, 2019
- We made some minor styling improvements on Buzz.
November 21st, 2019
- We fixed an issue that prevented the Edit in Studio Pro functionality in the Developer Portal from opening Studio Pro.
November 1st, 2019
- We introduced the ability to favorite apps from the My Apps page and to filter on favorite apps. This is helpful when you have a large number of Mendix apps.
September 24th, 2019
- We fixed an issue that would prevent users from inviting email addresses that contain capital letters.
- We fixed an issue that occasionally triggered an error message during signup.
- We made various small performance improvements on the Developer Portal.
September 19th, 2019
Launchpad Removal & App User Management Update
- We removed the old launchpad page, as we have moved to a new SSO architecture. The old URL
launchpad.mendix.comnow links to your My Apps page.
- We moved the App User management functionality of the launchpad to the General app settings in the Developer Portal. For more information, see the Managing App Users section of How to Manage General App Settings.
August 9th, 2019
App User Management Improvements
- We redesigned the UI for managing app users and improved the performance of loading manageable app environments and users.
July 25th, 2019
- We fixed an issue where updates to decimal constants in the Developer Portal were limited to 2 decimal places. This has been increased to 8 decimal places. (Ticket 85507)
May 10th, 2019
- We have changed the way you request a license for a new app. You can now request a license using the Request New App Node app. Other requests should continue to be made through the Support Portal.
May 2nd, 2019
- With the Beta release of Mendix Studio and Mendix Studio Pro (Mendix version 8), we have updated all mentions of Web Modeler to Mendix Studio and Desktop Modeler to Mendix Studio Pro across the Developer Portal.
April 8th, 2019
- We have added the ability to create webhooks for your apps. These webhooks can be configured to send information when sprints change and/or stories change. For more information, see the Managing Webhooks section of How to Manage General App Settings as well as Webhooks in the API Documentation.
April 5th, 2019
- We fixed an issue with the Developer Portal where the memory utilization was not optimized and could cause system instability. This change does not affect memory utilization by customer apps.
March 15th, 2019
- We fixed an found issue where you were not able to change your password on the Password Has Expired page. (Tickets 80828, 80882, 80884, 80888, 80997, 81005)
- We fixed an issue with retrieving stories in the Desktop Modeler. (Tickets 80618, 80623, 80636, 80665, 80685, 80705, 80726, 80738, 80780, 80833, 80834, 80854, 80866, 80935, 81008)
- We fixed an error that occurred when importing stories from Excel in certain situations.
- We fixed an issue where you unable to invite referrals to the Mendix Platform.
March 14th, 2019
- We fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Technical Contact information to be hidden on the app’s General page in the Developer Portal. (Tickets 70285, 77387, 80269, 80929)
March 7th, 2019
- When building a mobile application package for a new project, the default for permissions is now disabled. These are the set of permissions that a mobile (Phonegap) app requires and, previously, all permissions were enabled for new projects by default. This caused Push Notifications to fail if no further configuration was provided.
March 6th, 2019
Feedback & Support
- We removed the Mendix Feedback widget from the Developer Portal. If you want to report an issue or ask a question, please submit a ticket at Mendix Support.
January 3rd, 2019
- We have updated the links to the tutorials in Mendix welcome email, so that new users of our platform can be guided better. (Ticket 77158)
- We have fixed integration issues that affected some Developer Portal users while managing application members. (Ticket 77386)
December 12th, 2018
- We improved the performance of the My Apps page for users who are a member of a large number of teams.
- We updated the look and feel of the My Company’s Apps page to be more in line with the My Apps page.
- We improved the look and feel of the emails that are being sent by the Developer Portal.
- We fixed the broken deep link to the Stories page of your apps.
December 1st, 2018
- We fixed an issue that sometimes caused the team member with the Technical Contact role to be hidden on the Node Permissions tab of the Security pages. (Tickets 69085, 69150, 69419, 69440, 69458, 69585, 69592, 69783, 69884,70131,70228, 70285, 76152)
November 14th, 2018
The Mendix Shop is open for business! This is a web shop where you can spend the credits you have gained by completing various challenges. The shop has cool products like Mendix t-shirts, socks, and sweatbands, so be sure to check it out.
November 1st, 2018
- We made improvements in the communication between the Web Modeler and the Developer Portal.
October 17th, 2018
- We fixed a memory leak problem that caused Developer Portal to have longer response times.
- We addressed and fixed an issue that caused some Developer Portal users to see empty dialog boxes instead of error message content. (Tickets 67626, 69363)
October 16th, 2018
- It is now possible to go to a Mendix community member’s new Mendix Profile directly from the Buzz and People pages. (Ticket 69702)
October 11th, 2018
- The Mendix Profile in the Developer Portal has been merged with the Community Profile. For more information, see Mendix Profile.
- Several UX updates were made to Developer Portal pages:
October 1st, 2018
Web Modeler Improvements
The Web Modeler can now be enabled for all types of apps. You can do this on the Settings > General page of your app. If you have a licensed app, you will also need to choose your deployment environment.
- For a while, the Show activity for filter buttons on the company Buzz page were broken and displayed nothing. They now work again.
September 10th, 2018
- An application created through our APIs now has the Web Modeler enabled if the template on which the app is based is suitable for use in the Web Modeler.
- We have loosened an unnecessarily strict constraint on email domains during signup. You can now sign up with email domains with single-character sub-domains. (Tickets 68210 , 68386)
June 26th, 2018
- We implemented the new Mendix header.
May 23rd, 2018
- Company Admins can now export three reports to Excel: active users, app permissions of active users, and apps. This enables managing users and their permissions at scale.
- The Revisions tab on the Story Details page now shows the avatar of the committer instead of the app’s avatar.
May 8th, 2018
- You can now assign colors to your labels on the Stories page: Mendix Blue, Firetruck Red, Goldfish Orange, and Tulip Green.
- The Story Details page now has a new tab that shows the revisions related to the story.
- On the Feedback Details page, the Move to app drop-down menu is visible again.
- Special characters like
&are now displayed correctly in the subject of Buzz notification emails.
- The green call-to-action button in Buzz notification emails will now also work in Outlook for Windows. (Ticket 63452)
- If there is a lot of activity in a Buzz thread, each notification email now displays the correct thread history, instead of each email containing the same comments.
- We fixed two documentation links.
April 9th, 2018
- It is now possible to assign an empty value for application constants that have string as the data type.
- The loading pop-up window text shown while retrieving branches is now fixed.
- The bug that prevented some users from viewing the list of running requests of their applications is now fixed.
- The bug that prevented users from deactivating their projects is now fixed.
March 16th, 2018
- We changed the browser title from “Mendix App Platform” to Mendix Platform to be consistent with our messaging and documentation.
- Hybrid mobile improvements: you can now generate icons and splash screens, add custom loader and error images, and add custom HTML and CSS. We also added a new theming section for minor color tweaks.
- The Deploy and Operate deep links were not available in the Security menu for user groups without monitoring access. This has been fixed.
February 15th, 2018
- We introduced a beautiful new design for the notification emails you receive when someone replies to your Buzz posts.
- We addressed an issue that prevented the Daily Digest email from being sent.
January 25th, 2018
- It is now possible for you to change the technical contact of your applications by yourself.