A Mendix application can be deployed in different ways. You can deploy to your local machine for development and testing. You can deploy to the Mendix cloud, which is the default location for both free and licensed apps. You can also deploy to IBM Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry-based platforms, Docker containers, Azure, or to a server you configured yourself.
This section of the Developer Portal Guide contains step-by-step instructions, and additional reference material, to help you to deploy and manage your Mendix apps in the cloud or on premises. It is split into a number of sections:
- General – contains information which applies to deployments in many different environments
- Environment-specific sections – these contain instructions for the deployment and maintenance of apps in specific environments, for example, Mendix Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform
- Mobile App – contains instructions for publishing your mobile app: to the Apple or Google stores, for example
- App Services – describes what can be published to the Mendix App Store, and how to do this
2 Run Locally or Preview
2.1 Studio Pro
In Studio Pro, you can click Run Locally in the toolbar to run your app locally. Use the View button to directly jump to see your app running in your browser at localhost.
In Studio, you can click Preview in the top-right corner of Studio to see a preview of your app in the browser.
For more information see Previewing & Publishing Your App.
3 Mendix Cloud
The Mendix Cloud is the default deployment option when you get started with the Mendix Platform. As an integrated solution, a licensed node on the Mendix Cloud includes multiple environments, backups, monitoring, high availability, and more.
From within Mendix Studio Pro, you can view the cloud nodes you have available in the Mendix Cloud. You can create a deployment package (MDA) in the Developer Portal and, from there, you can transport it and start running your application.
For more information, see Mendix Cloud.
4 IBM Cloud
If you create your app from an IBM app template, or an IBM Starter Kit on IBM Cloud, then the Developer Portal will lead you through the creation of an environment on IBM Cloud. You can then deploy your app to your IBM environment directly from within Studio Pro.
For more information, see IBM Cloud.
5 SAP Cloud Platform
If you create your app from an SAP app template, the Developer Portal will lead you through the creation of an environment on SAP Cloud Platform. You can then deploy your app to your SAP Cloud Platform environment directly from within Studio Pro.
For more information, see SAP Cloud Platform.
6 Siemens MindSphere
You can deploy your app to MindSphere, the cloud-based, open IoT operating system from Siemens. Here you can leverage the information held within MindSphere and share your app with selected MindSphere tenants.
To find out how to do this, read Siemens MindSphere.
7 Private Cloud
Mendix for Private Cloud allows you to deploy and manage your Mendix apps in a Kubernetes private cloud cluster.
The instructions for doing this are in Private Cloud.
8 Cloud Foundry
9 Docker & Kubernetes
Mendix can be deployed in a Docker container to provide highly scalable solutions and automated delivery pipelines (CI/CD).
Instructions for using the buildpack are described in How to Build a Docker Image from a Mendix App Project.
The Docker buildpack is available at Mendix Docker Buildpack.
Deploying to Azure is possible from the Azure Marketplace.
12 Main Documents in This Category
- General – information which applies to deployments in many different environments
- Mendix Cloud – how to deploy to, and configure, the Mendix Cloud
- IBM Cloud – how to deploy to the IBM Cloud
- SAP Cloud Platform – how to deploy to SAP Cloud Platform
- Siemens MindSphere – how to deploy to Siemens MindSphere
- Private Cloud – how to deploy to a supported private cloud through the Developer Portal
- Cloud Foundry – how to deploy to a Cloud Foundry-based platform
- Docker – how to deploy directly in a Docker container
- On-Premises – how to deploy on premises using Microsoft Windows or Un*x
- Mobile App – how to publish your mobile app
- App Services – how to publish to the Mendix App Store