1 What Is the Developer Portal?
The Developer Portal is one of the three key components of the Mendix Platform. The other two are Mendix Studio Pro and Mendix Studio. In the Developer Portal, Mendix developers can collaborate, deploy, and manage their apps, and manage their company and users.
The Developer Portal also offers open, well-defined APIs, enabling third-party developers to integrate their own widgets and plugins. For more information, see API Documentation.
To create a new app click Create App, which will open a page where you can choose a starting pointing for your new app:
On the right side of the top bar, you can search and access your Mendix Profile. You can also click the + icon to create a new app.
On the left side of the top bar, you open an access menu by clicking the Switch-to menu:
You can then access the following parts of the Mendix Platform:
- Mendix Home – the My Apps page
- Get Studio Pro – the Studio Pro download page in the Mendix Marketplace
- Cloud – the Nodes page, which shows a list of all the licensed Mendix Cloud nodes to which you have access
- Control Center
- Data Hub
Click Company Buzz to communicate with colleagues, team members, stakeholders, and any other Mendix users in your company.
Click Company Apps to see all the apps created by members of your company.
If you want to turn on the old navigation/header, click your avatar and toggle New Navigation to Off.
3 Getting Assistance
Clicking the question icon in the Developer Portal brings up the options Mendix provides for getting assistance:
- Ask the Community – click this to go to the Mendix Forum
- Check the documentation – click this to go to the Mendix Documentation
- Contact Mendix Support – click this to go to Mendix Support
4 Guide Categories
The Developer Portal Guide is divided into the following categories: