The Barcode Scanner widget enables the native barcode scanning functionality within your Mendix mobile application.
Place this widget in a data view where you want the button to be placed. Make sure this form is reachable from a mobile application.
2.1 Data Source Tab
- Attribute – the attribute on the data view object to which the resulting string should be set
2.2 Button Tab
- Caption – the caption text that is shown on the button
- Class – an optional class to be placed directly on the button DOM node
2.3 Events Tab
- On change microflow – an optional microflow that will be triggered once the location has been retrieved
- On change nanoflow – an optional nanoflow that will be triggered once the location has been retrieved
3 Adding the Plugin
When publishing an app to mobile app stores, add in this custom Cordova configuration for the barcode plugin:
<plugin name="phonegap-plugin-barcodescanner" /> <edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge"> <string>To scan barcodes</string> </edit-config>