The Rich Text widget enables rich inline and toolbar text editing.
- Format selected text
- HTML output of formatted text
- Show editor options either on a toolbar or as a bubble
- Use the custom option to select which editing options you want to show
- Input and display text is sanitized
1.2 Demo App Project
For a demo app project that has been deployed with this widget, see here.
Place the widget in a data view, list view, or template grid with a data source that has a string attribute. Then, select the Value attribute that contains the editable text.
- For all tags:
- For all tags:
To be fully secure, all user HTML input should be sanitized on the server side too. This could be done with the XSSSanitize action found in the Community Commons. When the option ‘Sanitize content’ is set to ‘false’ server side sanitating is required before showing any HTML content.
The following keyboard shortcuts can be used when editing:
- Ctrl + B – bold
- Ctrl + I– italicize
- Ctrl + U – underline
- Ctrl + Z – undo
- Ctrl + Y – redo
- Ctrl + C – copy
- Ctrl + V – paste
- - + space – start list
- tab – indent the content when tab is configured to indent from the widget XML; otherwise, move the focus to the next element
4 Developing This Marketplace Component
To contribute to the development of this widget, follow these steps:
- Install the following:
- Fork and clone the mendixlabs/rich-text repository. The code is in Typescript.
- Set up the development environment by running
- Create a folder named dist in the project root.
- Create a Mendix test project in the dist folder and rename its root folder to dist/MxTestProject, or get the test project from mendixlabs/rich-text. Changes to the widget code will be automatically pushed to this test project.
- To automatically compile, bundle, and push code changes to the running test project, run
- To run the project unit tests with code coverage (results can be found at
- Run the unit test continuously during development via
We are actively maintaining this widget. Please report any issues or suggestions for improvement at mendixlabs/rich-text.