The Bootstrap Tooltip widget adds a tooltip to a user-defined field that contains help text or extra information.
1.1 Typical Usage Scenario
- Add help text to an input field that is visible upon focus
- Add informative text for buttons that is visible upon hovering
- Based on Bootstrap’s tooltip.js
To install, import the Bootstrap Tooltip widget into your app and add the widget on a page. Locate the widget as close to the target element as possible (preferably next to it).
When an element has a tooltip attached to it and needs to be conditionally visible, put both the element and the tooltip together in a container and apply the visibility conditions to the container instead of the element:
You can configure the properties below to determine how the widget will behave in your application.
3.1 Appearance Tab
- Target element classname – the class name of the field to which you want to attach the tooltip
- Render HTML – selecting Yes renders the tooltip content as HTML
- Tooltip position – the location of the tooltip relative to the field
- Tooltip mode – when to show the tooltip
3.2 Data Source Tab
- Default text – the text displayed when no data source microflow is defined
- Tooltip source microflow – the microflow that returns the text to be displayed in the tooltip