This page explains how to build a Docker image from your Mendix Project. Each release of a project will result in a unique Docker image that can be pushed through the different stages of your application pipeline.
You will learn how to do the following:
- Build the image
- Push the image
Before starting these instructions, make sure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- Download the latest version of Mendix Studio Pro from the Mendix App Store
- Install Docker from the Docker site
- Download the Mendix Docker Buildpack
3 Building the Image
To build the Docker image, follow these steps:
- Install Docker on your computer.
- Restart the computer to ensure that you have been granted access to Docker.
- Unzip the buildpack in a location of your choice.
- Open the Command Prompt and navigate to the buildpack folder.
Open an app project in Studio Pro and in the top menu, select Project > Show project directory in Explorer:
Copy the project folder to the unzipped docker build folder. The project folder needs to be on the same level as the Docker file. The Docker build is not allowed to access files outside the context of the Docker build location.
Execute the following command:
docker build --build-arg BUILD_PATH="<relative-mendix-project-location>" -t <image name>
4 Pushing the Image
A new Docker image has been created with the name you gave it. You can see the image by using the command
Next, you need to push the image to a registry. This can be a public registry or your own. To push it to your own registry, use the command
docker push <image name>.