This how-to explains how you can find your way in an app project in the Desktop Modeler. At many places in the Modeler, you can access a handy menu by clicking the right mouse button. Two options are commonly used to find your way through a project and they are called “Go to” and “Find usages.” The “Go to,” for example, allows you to navigate to the target of a button or to the source of data grid. The “Find Usages” option, for example, allows you to find all buttons that are opening a certain page.
2 “Go To” Options
- Select Project > Navigation.
- Right-click a menu item and select Go to target. The Modeler now opens the corresponding target of the menu item, in this case a page.
- Now right-click any of the buttons in the data grid and select Go to microflow. The Mendix Modeler opens the corresponding microflow.
- Right click any of the activities in the Microflow and select ‘Go to entity’. The Mendix Modeler now opens the corresponding domain model.
3 Finding Usages
- In the domain-model, right-click any of the entities and select Find usages. The Mendix Modeler shows all the usages of this entity in the ‘Find Results’ pane.
- Double click any of the items in the Find Results pane to open the corresponding document.
- Now click Lock results in the Find Results pane. From this moment on, if you click ‘Find Usages’, the results will be shown in a second ‘Find Results’ pane. This allows you to continue navigating while keeping your initial search results open in the first ‘Find Results’ pane.